Full Version: The Oracle 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Still trying to figure out just WTF.gif this guy is talking about. lol-2.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(siverson @ Dec 29 2011, 11:36 AM) *

This guy must drive a Smart ForTwo.

pt_700
terrible analogy. who among the software types who'd likely read that even know what a 914 is?!

have owned both a 240z and 914 i can honestly ours is the better mount.
SGB
Oh come on, originally, as produced, the 914/4 was VW quality at Porsche prices. I'm sending it to my IT friends...
jsayre914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 29 2011, 02:44 PM) *

Still trying to figure out just WTF.gif this guy is talking about. lol-2.gif

agree.gif

av-943.gif I had no idea what happend after the first paragraph
BajaXJ92
Drugs. screwy.gif
broomhandle
horrible..... even if what he was saying about a car being bad. his article is horrible. how can these be green lighted to publish?

he also forgot to mention about the gas prices at the time which i feel is one of the main reasons for the 914.

who cares about this A hole anyways.... and the USA top gear guys who suck as well.
TurbOH Brad
The 914 was soon replaced by the 944?

Who does his fact checking?

He called a 944 a "real Porsche". av-943.gif barf.gif
shuie
I'm an Oracle implementor/consultant type so the Oracle part of the article made perfect sense to me. I do not have an opinion on the Oracle issue the author is trying to present.

I have strong opinions about the car analogy and about comparing anything that Porsche did from the '70s-'80s to what Oracle is doing in the business world today. That's like comparing apples and baseballs.
broomhandle
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 29 2011, 01:22 PM) *

The 914 was soon replaced by the 944?

Who does his fact checking?

He called a 944 a "real Porsche". av-943.gif barf.gif

yeah, haha. and he forgot about the 356 which is actually a VW. and its not like those are cheap becasue they are just VW's
SGB
OK, he isn't a Porsche expert, and I'm not an IT guy, but everything changes with time. My IT dept at work certainly has this place by the balls. Seemed to make some sense to me....
broomhandle
i used to be a IT guy and he is on crack.....
hydroliftin
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Dec 29 2011, 12:01 PM) *

terrible analogy. who among the software types who'd likely read that even know what a 914 is?!

have owned both a 240z and 914 i can honestly ours is the better mount.

A few years ago I had a pristine 1970 240Z and traded it for a 1974 914-4 that required more work than I anticipated. I owned the Z for 4 years but never grew fond of it. I had fond memories of driving a 914 once back in the 70's and bought one on that basis alone. The Z was faster, had a better shifter, and never broke down. The 914 is just fun to drive. I will take the 914 any day.
rohar
As a DBA and a 914 owner, I can assure you he's out of his damned mind on both the IT and Porsche front. Oracle is out of their damned minds too, but not for the reasons cited in TFA.
Socalandy
being a field engineer for HP and a 914 nut. He been smoking somthing for sure and the 914 anology sucks almost as bad as our Ex. CEO Mark Hurd!!

A big finger.gif to both of them!!!
struckn
Glad he doesn't like or appreaciate the 914, he's not a 914 guy, we should ban him from ever owning one. I don't like Forbs or the Oracle, we should black list them too.
The Bastards. Probibly drives a Volvo.
rnellums
It makes me want to see a 3.6L 914 up against a 240 with an LS-1 and see which is the better car still!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Dec 29 2011, 04:53 PM) *

...and he forgot about the 356 which is actually a VW. and its not like those are cheap becasue they are just VW's

are you trying to be outrageously argumentative or just seriously misinformed ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.