Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replaced coil, feels like i lost a cyl.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
driving out last night, and i stalled in the lamest spot. some guy helped me push it out of the way, and said. this car is so sweet. and light!

anyways. my coil went out. i walked to a autozone and put in a cheapied made in china coil. i took out a older bosch blue. when i started up. it idles and drives like 3 cyl's. and i checked, i have 4.

what gives? crap coil? or something else got jacked up? i have a points system and was about to convert to elec.

any ideas?

SLITS
Fouled plug due to weak coil?

I had a miss in my six .... pulled the plug wires to find out which one .... changed the plug and wella ... no misfire!
broomhandle
i was thinking that. plugs are a cheap fix...

so does it make a diff for a better coil? sucks a good one is not that much more. but it was that or leave it for vandals.... smile.gif
SLITS
I don't know about the coil you bought, but I do know that the Bosch Blue Coil is internally resisted.

Lots of older cars ran a ballast resistor to lower the voltage from 12 VDC to 9 VDC to the coil.

If I had anymore of the Bosch Blues, I would send you one. I'll look tomorrow but I am reasonably positive they are all gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.