Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacement floors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
My project is ready for the floors to be cut and I'm left wondering where to trim to.

I've searched and found that most people have trimmed replacement panels to fit thier needs. I dont have the money to buy panels now and dont want to buy rear halves to find they arent long enough.

Does anyone know how far forward all the replacement sections go?

Pics would be a big help.

I'll post pics of what I have, after I finish putting Christmas away.... dry.gif
cwpeden
Does anyone know if all the replacement panels are the same dimensions, and can we trust the pics on the web to be accurate?
my928s4
See pic for how far forward the rear pans reach.

Click to view attachment
cwpeden
Thanks,

So just up to the carpet 'nibblets'?
fteixeira
my928s4:

I've got rust damage at the back floorpan (most likely due to a leaky rear window) and have to do this repair at some point.

Looks like you welded the rear floor pan at the edge of the cross member, as shown below. Did you butt-joint the floorpan seam and welded it to the cross member rear-edge? Or overlap?

I'm searching thru the threads to get the experiences from folks that have done this. Any information would be apprectiated!

fteixeira

Click to view attachment
cwpeden
Doesnt look like he's finished yet. Did you trim back the passenger side?
Lennies914
popcorn[1].gif I'm looking to do the same real soon.

I only need to do the drivers side, in case there is someone out there that only needs to do the passenger side.
my928s4
I finished that nasty job a while ago, actually the worst part was welding underneath the car.

Welds between new and old pans were butt welded, everywhere else were spot/plugged.

Passenger side was trimmed as the metal was better, actually I think I trimmed the driver's side by less than an inch too so I could keep the carpet plugs. Sorry forgot about that.
cwpeden
thanks my928s4,

My cross member is rotted and the floor around also. Thats why I ask.

I'm on a rottiserie(sp.) so welding isnt an issue.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Dec 29 2011, 07:24 PM) *

I only need to do the drivers side, in case there is someone out there that only needs to do the passenger side.

Oooh! Me! Just the passenger in my case. Are we talkin 50/50 time? smile.gif

-George
sean_v8_914
the nice thing about doing the whole floor is that you get to eliminate the rust inside the tunel
arkitect
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Dec 29 2011, 04:24 PM) *

Hey Lennie,
Did u start a build thread for the new black car? Need to get out your way and check out the new car.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.