Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I need to replace my rotors and I'm leaning towards cross drilled because they look cool but I have heard that if they over heat they will crack?

Thanks

David
SirAndy
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 30 2011, 09:35 AM) *
I need to replace my rotors and I'm leaning towards cross drilled because they look cool but I have heard that if they over heat they will crack?

I've seen them crack. But that was on a dedicated race car. And we spotted the cracks before the rotor exploded.

I've been running them for years on a street/AX car without any problems. A visual inspection from time to time should be enough.
You can easily see the small cracks around the holes, if they occur.

popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
agree.gif I have them on mine and after 3 years no problems...
Mike Bellis
I have 930 cross drilled on mine for years with no problems smile.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 30 2011, 12:35 PM) *

vented or solid ?
Harpo
I just ordered a set from Eric. I believe they are vented. Sorry I should have clairified these are 911 not 914 frt brakes on my 914.

Thanks

David
SUNAB914
Had them on mine for years, no problem.
SGB
Got on my 914, never a problem.

BUT

One of the ones I put on my son's e-30 cracked at a DE back in April.

However, the 914 had Zimmerman or whatever the stock rotors are, drilled and chamfered after the were made. The ones on the 318 are unknown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.