Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No EGR Valve on 75 1.8L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrightee
I have a 75 1.8L with the L-Jet fuel injection. Trying to get it running (has been sitting for unknown amount of time).

Cleaned out the fuel tank and put new fuel lines and fuel filter on (lines were completely filled with black goo).

Car fires up for a couple seconds, but does not stay running.

Was checking the vacuum hoses, as I found one loose, and when I started comparing to the diagram from Pelican, I noticed that I do not have an EGR valve, nor the small vacuum line coming from the throttle body rear side (to make the three way connection in yellow on the diagram). Mine has a four way connection between the fuel pressure regulator, decel valve, Intake, and the distributor vacuum advance... is this normal?
BMITCHELL
I don't remember how it was on my old 74 1.8. But I did have a problem similiar to yours. It ended up being the o ring seal on the oil cap. Good luck.
scotty
If the 30-year-old fond memory of my old 1.8 serves, there was no egr valve on 49-statethe 914's and no vacuum connection to the throttle body...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.