Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: peach state DE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Finally got the car back in one piece. Last minute header and exhausy issues handled and on to the track.. Yea haa

Lots new on the car:

- 944t brakes upfront carrea rear
- bias ply slicks on 15's
- front struts
-rennshift
- 46mm webers
-short 5th

This car is a unknown vechicle to me at this point. So a nice slow start, a couple of sessions of touring and then re-evaluate,,,,,,NAHHH!!! Third lap after a test hard at hard breaking away I went....

Quick, very loud with megs, no sound issues here and handled great on the slicks. Greats slides out of 7...

Now consistency was another issue, along with some shifting issues when in the hilly corners. Two two wheel offs and finally a 4 and a black flag. Kinda like my golf game , saw more of the course than I wanted to.. No damage drove off into a wide turn back on the track in nuetral, finally found a gear and took off.

Now the question....... Sport mounts or solid... Have old stock ones and that aint going to cut it...
d914
going though 10
Jake Raby
Cool.. I'm only 45 minutes away from Road atlanta but have still never had a DE there..
My teener is down in Florida getting some trick suspension mods and I'll have it back for the October DE at Roebling... I'll come knocking on your door sometime- with a four!
ArtechnikA
my preference is solid at the back and 'Sport' up front. in the 911, that's solid engine and sport transmission; in a 914, it'd be solid transmission - especially if it's a tailshifter - and Sport engine.

but everybody's got an opinion ...
d914
Might see you in roebling, Haven't had a four pass me yet but I'm always open to an education.........or not.. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 24 2004, 10:25 AM)
going though 10

i don't know nothing about turn 10, but you shouldn't be lifting that front wheel like that ...

car looks purdy otherwise!
wink.gif Andy
d914
here's 10a, the other was 10b coming of of the gator teeth.However I have lifted the inside front at some other places, more tubes tying into The cage??? if legal??
d914
actually the pic with the wheel up is turn 1, no gator, just a fast up hill turn...
d914
Figured out why I was having so much trouble shifting by the end of the weekend.
I had to keep going lower in the seat to push the clutch to the floor to work???? Didn't sink in right away. Got home and my son noticed that the clutch pedal was lower than the brake, by quite a bit.

I use a 911 tranny case with reverse pull cable. Pretty simple set up and not alot of pieces but a lock nut on the cable end does work wonders,,,,,if you had one..... headbang.gif

Went to shuffle cars around today and was rounding off 1st and rev, finally caught on and adjusted the cable. Miracles happen I, meaning ME, actually fixed something on a 914..... beer.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(d914 @ Sep 4 2004, 06:12 PM)

I, meaning ME, actually fixed something on a 914

I'll drink to that drunk.gif
Trekkor
My car car used to lift.
After I added rear bar and chassis stiff kit it went away.

I suppose for you, it's more rear spring.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.