Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More on the 72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I haven't had a chance to do ANYTHING on the car yet.
Damn clients making me work! wink.gif

I drove from Pasadena to Anaheim today by way of West LA, then El Segundo, Long Beach....

It's running really rich and kinda feels like its only on 3 now.
Could the plugs have fouled so bad they don't spark?
Or could it have SOOO much fuel in one of the carbs (Weber) that it floods a cylinder?

Here are the symptoms I'm dealing with right now:
Sputters a bit and backfires (not huge ones) when driving cold
lower power around 3200 rpm
there are more but i'm tired and can't remember.

I'm planning on doing plugs, rotor...on Monday when I should have some free time.
Don't know a damn thing about Weber's so my mechanic will have to help me on that one.

Any suggestions?
Gint
Remove the idle jets and blow 'em out with compressed air. Pretty common actually.
rhodyguy
in my experience, you will have to let things warm up a bit w/ the webers. take off the air filters, with the key on and f pump running look down each carb and see if fuel is pouring down. is this your first time out w/ webers? you're in for some real fun.

kevin
seanery
Yup, 1st time with webers, the 6 has them, but I've never driven yet!

The last car I had with carbs was a 74 Olds Omega with a 1 barrel.
It was much, much simpler to figure out!
boxstr
Receipts should indicate that the plugs were replaced prior to my dropping it in Marina Del Rey.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
seanery
Thanks Craig. I'll go through that file and see what I can find out on Saturday.
seanery
By the way, I forgot what happens when you drive a teener with the top off in LA...

....You get your head and forhead burned....ohhh my head is baked! (need a cool hat)
seanery
Things aren't going so well here.

I'm having problems, and I'm not happy wth the help I'm getting.
I'm looking for someone in NorCal, hint, hint, to help me out.

Brad, I'm sending you a private message.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(seanery @ May 1 2003, 12:54 PM)
By the way, I forgot what happens when you drive a teener with the top off in LA...

....You get your head and forhead burned....ohhh my head is baked! (need a cool hat)

I found a spray bottle of clear SPF 15 sunblock "for hair and scalp" at the local supermarket. I bought it and keep it in the glovebox, along with a hat. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.