Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight won't pop up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
86motoman
Repairing a car that was hit in the front left. Same headlight will not raise up. The light turns on, and the electric motor spins. It just doesn't rise.

I can physically lift it up and then when I shut the lights off it will close.

Any ideas?
Chris H.
Sounds like the motor is hosed up. Luckily that is a part everyone seems to have 3 of. PM me if you need one fer cheep.
86motoman
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 24 2004, 10:23 AM)
Sounds like the motor is hosed up. Luckily that is a part everyone seems to have 3 of. PM me if you need one fer cheep.

Actually....the car I need it for is a 72....I have a 74 parts car. As long as the headlight motors interchange...I have one. Is the wiring the same on these?
Chris H.
Yeah I think it's the same for all years. Anyone else think not? I'm generally wrong half the time. biggrin.gif
Marlow
If the motor spins I would check the linkage between the motor and headlight assembly. Sounds like it's either stripped where it attaches to the motor or something's come loose enough to prevent enough friction from raising it, but has enough friction to lower it.

Just my thoughts.
86motoman
QUOTE(porsche914blue @ Aug 24 2004, 11:41 AM)
If the motor spins I would check the linkage between the motor and headlight assembly. Sounds like it's either stripped where it attaches to the motor or something's come loose enough to prevent enough friction from raising it, but has enough friction to lower it.

Just my thoughts.

Right you are. I just missed the simple things. The linkage was loose enough to not grab the light and lift it. Thankyou guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.