Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Shifter upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
I have determined that 85% of working on a 914 is the freakin never ending scavenger hunt for parts. headbang.gif sorry....

Outboard Solid mounts (motor):
I now have the mounting bar with the hole in it. I even have the long bolts that go at the ends (1 ea). The top bracket (i guess that is what you call it) for the outboard mount should arrive any day. But I am not sure what other hardward is needed for the outboard mounts. I have never seen one up close.

Does the top bracket have a threaded bolt attached? Any pictures out there by chance? Does the bracket itself bolt to the car first, then the bar to the bracket? I know there are tons of theads that talk about mount differences, but I have not seen this explained yet. The Atlanta site shows pics of all the hardware, but not really clear on what is needed.

thanks in advance
Joe Ricard
I bought a small chunk of 5/16" steel and cut to fit the inside of the mount . I used the rubber one as a template drilled the center hole and two bolt holes on each end. of course POR-15 the thing. It ain't ever going to go anywhere. Long grade 8 bolt with nyloc nut grade 8 washers.

Might be over kill but thats how I do it.

Guns aren't too big unless the Bore is over 5" ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.