Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Build from Brazil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914pipe
Found this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mfeib9_yg...feature=related

I dont know what transmission is that... They mention that the engine is a vw 2.0 (jetta?)

BTW:

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rohar
2.0 ABA block and head with webbers and an audi/vw 01a tranny. Should fit the car really well as it's about 200hp well tuned. Not sure why he went with a shift rod. Boxster cable shifter hooks right up.
Tom_T
Indiana Gomes!! av-943.gif

What I found interesting about the video was the row of individual garage/shop with office/restroom spaces or units in that building, cuz we were looking to do something like that near Buttonwillow Raceway in Kern County CA (off I-5).

We planned a couple of light industrial buildings with various sized units (bigger to serve mfgrs. coming out there to test cars, as well as privateers). We also planned a couple of decent motels & restaurants & a Fuel/Truck stop all in the 1st phase.

That is - before the economy tanked in `07-`08. dry.gif

Oh well, maybe in the next upturn coming up!? confused24.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(rohar @ Dec 31 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Not sure why he went with a shift rod. Boxster cable shifter hooks right up.

Probably because cars are so expensive to import that they don't have many Boxters there to begin with, and probably none in junkyards. But he did said it was a VW engine and transmission, and they don't make Audi's there, so it could also be that it's not be the same configuration that we see here, and not ready for the cable mechanism. The owner was asked how he could have made such a valuable antique road car into a race car, answered that it was just a car he'd always wanted, that racing is for racetracks and not on the streets. Owner's a cool guy, Gomes not so much.
rohar
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Dec 31 2011, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(rohar @ Dec 31 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Not sure why he went with a shift rod. Boxster cable shifter hooks right up.

Probably because cars are so expensive to import that they don't have many Boxters there to begin with, and probably none in junkyards. But he did said it was a VW engine and motor, and they don't make Audi's there, so it could also be that it's not be the same configuration that we see here, and not ready for the cable mechanism. The owner was asked how he could have made such a valuable antique road car into a race car, answered that it was just a car he'd always wanted, that racing is for racetracks and not on the streets. Owner's a cool guy, Gomes not so much.

Interesting that an 01a is available but the cables/bellcranks/shifter off a boxster aren't. I ran a 16v turbo w/ the stock 914 tranny on my last build. Watercooled VW /4s can fit nicely in this chassis. They can be a true handfull.

Edit: Duh! the friggin GOL is available there, there's probably 01a tranny's in every strip it lot. Wasn't thinking too well there.
Eric_Shea
What I found interesting about the video was the row of individual garage/shop with office/restroom spaces or units in that building

Probably because it's the F1 track in S.P.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 31 2011, 03:32 PM) *

What I found interesting about the video was the row of individual garage/shop with office/restroom spaces or units in that building

Probably because it's the F1 track in S.P.

So Eric, do think there would be a market for 20-50 such small industrial units at a track like Buttonwillow next exit 5 miles north? confused24.gif

... plus if they ever do the NASCAR track 15 miles south.

Your avatar pic lol-2.gif me up - are they Soccer or Rugby players doing the ole sheeplove.gif ???

I'd call that: "Goin' in the LONG Way!" blink.gif

Click to view attachment

Now that I see it full sized, that's definitely a round ball.....dang warped Soccer players! dry.gif

... I also see your facial photoshopping....did you enjoy it!!??

av-943.gif
veltror
Not sure why that TWAT Tevez deserves a picture on this thread, total arsehole.
DBCooper
Yeah, well I'll raise you one and say that all Argentine footballers tend to be twats. After Boca Tevez played for my team in Sao Paulo and was known among opponents as "the Neanderthal." And it looks like he's still the beast, huh Eric?

Couple of other things in the video were interesting. Those first buildings are for team offices, and those particular ones were used by Red Bull the last F1 race at Interlagos. He says top speed of the 914 at the end of the straight is about 195kph, the F1 cars will lap about 1:13-14, Brazilian stock cars around 1:38, the 914 2:02.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.