Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Silver Hood Crest $120 LOOKS GREAT! !SCORED for everyone!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pnewman
I am looking for silver hood crest. My old crest has a broken pin and since I have black and silver crests on my rims thought it would be nice to match. Not sure what epoxy to use to repair the crest pin either.

I read on a Rennlist topic that you can have your oem crest nickel plated for under $100. Old topic though.

I have seen them with silver instead of black with red accents (see attatched pic).

I thought that I have seen them in without the red / orange accents. Completely silver and black but could not find a pic.

If anyone has one or lead it would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Pete

Update 9 Jan 2012

SELLER FOUND THRU EBAY. Ebay seller ID: miamiexportimport

You can read the thread below as to how the deal developed. I have edited this page to make it easier to find the information.
Sellers deal and reply to my make an offer which was agreed upon for $120 including S&H but without a gasket and nuts.

"Thanks, yes I can just have them send the money to RC@WPCparts.com through paypal and I will sell it to them for the same price I did you,just make sure that on the message block they write what they want and I will send the Hood chrome emblem to the address PAYPAL gives me
Your item will go out today or tomorrow
Thanks again
Rc"

I guess you can contact him prior to closing out your deal as I did.

"Hi, I am in Europe right now for vacation.I will be back in Florida January 13, if you want you can give me your phone # and I will call you or you can call me after January 14,

my Cell # is (786) 223-7467
Happy New YearRc
- miamiexportimport"

Good Luck,

Pete

Update 11Jan2012
Here are pics of the actual crest that I received. I took a pic of the back to show that I think that it is actually an oem part that was redone and nicely I may add.

Pete
SD914
Hey, I would love one in silver also, so if someone has a source I'd appreciate it too!

Mike
pnewman
QUOTE(SD914 @ Dec 31 2011, 06:20 PM) *

Hey, I would love one in silver also, so if someone has a source I'd appreciate it too!

Mike

Mike,

This might turn into a "group buy" project. We will see where it takes us.

Ebay $170 w/ shipping.

I think that we should be able to do much better.

Anyone with a good source?
pnewman
Bueller
Bueller
somd914
I have the hood crest pictured, purchased and installed by the PO. He tells me it was an Auto Atlanta production, but our friends at Stutgart kindly asked AA to quit production of them. Don't know if there are, or have been other sources.

You could always use an adhesive to install your current one - I would not trust any epoxy to repair the pin, not even JB weld. You might consider something like 3M 4200 which is a marine adhesive caulking. It wouldn't take but a small dab to keep it adhered, and you can work it off if you ever want to remove it (and there are solvents available to help removal) - don't use 3M 5200 as you'll never get it off. Automotive trim adhesive at local parts stores would probably work also.
pnewman
QUOTE(somd914 @ Jan 1 2012, 07:24 AM) *

I have the hood crest pictured, purchased and installed by the PO. He tells me it was an Auto Atlanta production, but our friends at Stutgart kindly asked AA to quit production of them. Don't know if there are, or have been other sources.

You could always use an adhesive to install your current one - I would not trust any epoxy to repair the pin, not even JB weld. You might consider something like 3M 4200 which is a marine adhesive caulking. It wouldn't take but a small dab to keep it adhered, and you can work it off if you ever want to remove it (and there are solvents available to help removal) - don't use 3M 5200 as you'll never get it off. Automotive trim adhesive at local parts stores would probably work also.

Thanks Somd
I still have one pin attatched to my current shield, so some kind of adhesive with the existing pin would probably work. I have used the two 3M products that you mentioned as I used to own a cabin boat on Lake Mi with some friends. Good stuff that 3M. We used it to install new windows. I am trying to avoid any adhesives on the exterior finished paint.

Funny thing is that the crest I have is so faded that it almost looks silver as is. laugh.gif

That's what started this venture.

The search continues....
reharvey
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jan 1 2012, 01:01 AM) *

QUOTE(SD914 @ Dec 31 2011, 06:20 PM) *

Mike

Mike,

This might turn into a "group buy" project. We will see where it takes us.

Ebay $170 w/ shipping.

I think that we should be able to do much better.

Anyone with a good source?

I would like one of these for my black project car. Count me in if someone can make them. Ray
pnewman
Sounds like their are three of us now. I bet that we need 10 or 20 to make a move. Chip Chip
mrbubblehead
i would buy one.
pnewman
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Jan 3 2012, 06:49 PM) *

i would buy one.

...and then their were four.

I will contact people who are selling them and see if a group purchase / bulk discount can be made and what the minimum quantity required would be.

stay tuned.

same Bat time
same Bat channel chowtime.gif
PCA7GGR
Please add me to the "I want one" list. Thanks
pnewman
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Jan 3 2012, 08:00 PM) *

Please add me to the "I want one" list. Thanks

UP TO 5 INTERESTS in buying these beuties!

FYI.

I contact the three suppliers from ebay offering this "Service." We will see if they are interested in bulk discount. Then we can delve into the logistics. etc.

Sounds as if no such animal is OEM.
The service is to refinish / plate the oem plates in chrome / silver...
You don't have to provide a core / rebuildable old crest. The core charge is included in the quote.

Thus far they are $170 to $180 and some offer new gaskets and speed nuts while others don't. Details Details.

They do however offer a credit of $10 or $15 per refinish-able crest that they recieve from individual buyers as a core return. Note that you have to pay for the shipping to them and that it must have pins attatched and not loose as well as no damage to the metal.... Sounds not worth it to me. $5 buck for your old crest basically. Sell it here on 914worlds Classified and do a little better.

It will have to come WAY down for me to bite.

Stay tuned kids. popcorn[1].gif
pnewman
I received replies to my emails...
One must be a relative of Hussey. He lists his normal sale as $169. plus shipping. He stated: "IF YOU PURCHASE MORE THAN 5 WE CAN DISCOUNT THEM TO 160 EACH. $10 SHIPPING UPS GROUND"

Gee thanks! ...must be a relative of Hussey. lol-2.gif

The other two gave their cell numbers and said they could work something out.

Soooooooooo. The score!

I made a "make an offer" for $120 including shipping and handling but without the gasket or nuts.

THE OFFER WAS ACCEPTED!
not by the greedy, I mean more expensive source.
cheer.gif

I payed for it and sent an email to him stating that I have several other interests if he could match the deal that I would pass on his info.

I am awaiting the part to give you a pic of the actual purchased product as well as my little humble opinion.
eric9144
popcorn[1].gif

I recall Automotion carrying them a few years back as well (back when they were still in Los Angeles and not Ecklers)...thought at the time they were a limited OE run, I passed one up because I was being finicky and didn't like the one they'd brought up to the counter to sell me so I passed.

Let us know if there are more to be had...I'd probably be interested too!
pnewman
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Jan 4 2012, 12:44 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I recall Automotion carrying them a few years back as well (back when they were still in Los Angeles and not Ecklers)...thought at the time they were a limited OE run, I passed one up because I was being finicky and didn't like the one they'd brought up to the counter to sell me so I passed.

If I get a green light on the $120 w/ S&H then I will post info here after sending pm's to everyone that previously showed interest.

beer.gif
pnewman
[quote name='pnewman' date='Jan 4 2012, 02:01 PM' post='1599789']
[quote name='eric9144' post='1599740' date='Jan 4 2012, 12:44 PM']
popcorn[1].gif

[/quote]

I recall reading on Rennlist or another site something about Porsche contacting AA and putting a kibosh to selling the custom crests. I think these new suppliers are selling the "Refinishing Service" not a part...

Works for me. smoke.gif
eric9144
There's a "badge" guy on Ebay who has some pretty interesting stuff too (he's in Germany), I've gotten a couple things from him, always as pictured and promised...Here's some of the odd ball P-Car badges he's had in the past (Warning, some go for BIG $$)
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow those are some quite attractive badges you have there.
pnewman
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 4 2012, 04:37 PM) *

Wow those are some quite attractive badges you have there.

Badges!

We don't need no stinking Badges!
av-943.gif

I saw his stuff. Some over $300!

I like being different but I will settle for my Samoan facial tattoo. LOL
pnewman
piratenanner.gif

I received a reply to my email to the supplier of the silver hood crest that I purchased mine from.

My deal is $120 for a silver crest including shipping. No gasket or nuts included however.

His reply:

"Thanks, yes I can just have them send the money to RC@WPCparts.com through paypal and I will sell it to them for the same price I did you,just make sure that on the message block they write what they want and I will send the Hood chrome emblem to the address PAYPAL gives me
Your item will go out today or tomorrow
Thanks again
Rc"

I will post a pic and evaluation of my hood crest when I receive it.

Regards,

Pete beerchug.gif
6freak
Bronze is stock Porsche,Click to view attachment the chrome is after market
pnewman
Hey 6 Freak. Where did you take that pic of the two crests. I would like to sell them some chromed crests. Wow $225!

Hope the one I bought is as nice.

I hope that the shield is just an oem referb job. I would hate for it to corrode or rust. That would not be nice.

pnewman
I received a reply from the "refurbisher" (don't know if that is a real word) and he stated that his source for the cores provides a Porsche oem parts. Blems?

Sound good..... We'll see. ...and so will you as I will post some pics.
6freak
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jan 5 2012, 02:16 PM) *

Hey 6 Freak. Where did you take that pic of the two crests. I would like to sell them some chromed crests. Wow $225!

Hope the one I bought is as nice.

I hope that the shield is just an oem referb job. I would hate for it to corrode or rust. That would not be nice.

....Larson Porsche has a new dealership in Fife WA...Thats what i thought DAMN THATS ALOT A MONEY...Told them I could bring my old 914 by for there spring grand opening and they laugh at me confused24.gif haha
pnewman
Received the crest yesterday!

Looks Friggen Awesome!!! piratenanner.gif

It honestly looks as good as the picture (very first pic in this thread; the one above the pic of my wheel. Just a bit shinnier (if that's a real word.)

It appears to be a refurbed oem part: 996.559.211.01
"Made in Germany"
DEUMER.

I will take some pics tonight of mine and post it!

It is beutiful! What an upgrade! Especially for a Silver, Grey, Black or White 914.
The seller was quick to communicate throughout the process as I was asking him many questions, mainly to assertain the origins of this part. I didn't want to install or refer you guys to a China knock off that would corrode or worse yet rust on our hoods.

Appears to be oem and the refinishing quality appears to be top notch! cheer.gif

Final word is "Recommended."

Enjoy, sheeplove.gif

Pete
eric9144
OK I'm in, I passed along time ago and regretted it, this time I wont. I'll put in my order this week sometime...

Looking forward to seeing your pics! THANKS PETE! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.