Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 2.0 on Barrett Jackson this year, Updated Photos, Looks pretty nice now.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jakeodoule
A members car?

The ad says concourse restoration and appearance package.

Wrong mirrors, spoiler, no console.... Concourse? WTF.gif

Any guesses on what it will hammer for?
$6900 is my guess.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...d=443&pop=0
quadracerx
I think $ 6900.00 for that much I would expect the seller to at least vacuum the interor....GEEZ...LOL
jim_hoyland
Didn't find 4762904033 in the VIN database, perhaps someone can add it. I'm on an iPad and can't do it
pnewman
$6258.73

Do I get anything if I am the closest without going over? biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(pnewman @ Dec 31 2011, 06:07 PM) *

$6258.73

Do I get anything if I am the closest without going over? biggrin.gif

Yep...plus if you're within $500, you win both showcases!
PancakePorsche
Serial number 4033 has to very close to the last 914 made.
EdwardBlume
$4700

You think the resto could have included real mirrors, wheel caps, and a decent vacuum of the interior....
watsonrx13
$12,500.

--- Rob
Bleyseng
$8500
URY914
somd914
Hmm, hard to say w/o knowing what mechanical restoration was performed (wonder why there is no mention of this), and hopefully the engine bay is cleaner than the interior.
SUNAB914
$10914, and thats only because of the exposure it will get.
bembry
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 1 2012, 01:47 AM) *

$4700

You think the resto could have included real mirrors, wheel caps, and a decent vacuum of the interior....

No kidding. That and pull off the POS rear spoiler, and it would have presented much better.
John
From the two pictures, it doesn't look like a bad car. The real questions would be what does the hell hole look like, and what does it look like under the rockers.

Too bad anyone can write a misleading description. Like the others who posted before me, there are many non-original items and several missing items that in my opinion should not be missing if trying to get top dollar at an auction.

Mirrors are incorrect (and there is a passenger side mirror installed), missing center caps on the fuchs, front valence, rear spoiler, the -PORSCHE- stripes aren't "factory" either. I was also unaware that the interior had "glove soft leather" in it at all. Every stock one I have seen was vinyl.

While this looks like it may be in the same league with mine when I got it (but with missing and incorrect parts), and this one will be at auction (where many may not know what an original 914 should look like), I am going to guess this car will go for between $5,000 and $7,500.
tod914
Not to nick pick, but that's far from being "restored to original specifications", let alone a "concours restoration". Description isn't very honest. If the car has a reserve, I don't think it will sell. $4,000 is my guess, if it does.
struckn
The guy that paid $250K for the Packard Woody Station Wagon will buy the Porsche for $15K to carry in the trunk as a spare.
messix
"painted the correct Porsche factory color Wimbledon white base coat clear coat"

really!?

wow!!!

must be the rarest 914!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 31 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Didn't find 4762904033 in the VIN database, perhaps someone can add it. I'm on an iPad and can't do it

Done ... thumb3d.gif
pnewman
1$
av-943.gif

I can't believe that nobody has gone there yet.
messix
QUOTE(pnewman @ Jan 1 2012, 01:38 PM) *

1$
av-943.gif

I can't believe that nobody has gone there yet.

$1.01 bootyshake.gif
914newguy
.99 cents.......lol Bob!
messix
QUOTE(914newguy @ Jan 1 2012, 01:49 PM) *

.99 cents.......lol Bob!

rules are cant bid over......

bid at $1.00

bid at $1.01

and you bid .99 = fail! slap.gif\
fuchin newbie!!!

oh and welcome.png
Tom_T
Uncanny resemblance - at first I thought it was the same 914 from evil-bay - both are even missing the Fuchs center caps! biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-2-0-w-...em=270879701110

IMHO the interior was NOT reupholstered, or if it was, then they didn't bother to replace the permanently compressed side bolster foam on the seats! dry.gif

You guys have all hit the major incorrect stuff. I just love those descriptions that start: "All original survivor, except....." followed by a long list of what's not correct!

The side stripes aren't so bad though nor off, since the dealers sold those & often installed them before the customer requested them, along with radios, undercoating, etc. that added 50% profit margins to the "Dealer Price as Optioned" window sticker!

Had he used proper 914 pass. side mirror, I wouldn't mind that either under the same reasoning (available from dealers here), and it's a good safety f3eature in today's heavier traffic. ...and let's face it, this is really a nicely refurb'ed DD - if it runs good - not a CW show car at anything beyond local events.

No Reserve - I do believe he's stuck under $8500 or much lower, unless he finds "a bigger fool"! huh.gif
EdArango
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 1 2012, 03:12 PM) *

Uncanny resemblance - at first I thought it was the same 914 from evil-bay - both are even missing the Fuchs center caps! biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-2-0-w-...em=270879701110

IMHO the interior was NOT reupholstered, or if it was, then they didn't bother to replace the permanently compressed side bolster foam on the seats! dry.gif

You guys have all hit the major incorrect stuff. I just love those descriptions that start: "All original survivor, except....." followed by a long list of what's not correct!

The side stripes aren't so bad though nor off, since the dealers sold those & often installed them before the customer requested them, along with radios, undercoating, etc. that added 50% profit margins to the "Dealer Price as Optioned" window sticker!

Had he used proper 914 pass. side mirror, I wouldn't mind that either under the same reasoning (available from dealers here), and it's a good safety f3eature in today's heavier traffic. ...and let's face it, this is really a nicely refurb'ed DD - if it runs good - not a CW show car at anything beyond local events.

No Reserve - I do believe he's stuck under $8500 or much lower, unless he finds "a bigger fool"! huh.gif

Hey Tom...It is the same car that is on EvilBay....Compare the 4th picture to the B/J photo.

ED
MoveQik
The eBay ad:

Here is what is left for you; the paint is not perfect as it is not original and has scratches and a chip. I have seen evidence of original yellow from a chip on inside door jam, the engine compartment is white and the rear trunk is white but the front trunk is black and should have been white. I would have not put new decals on a bad paint job, I'm just saying it is not perfect. I now have some surface rust in rear trunk were water sits when cleaned and one spot inside drivers door. The Hell hole is solid but the actual battery pan has a little rust. It is stilll very solid for the battery therefore I did not feel the need to replace even though it was cheap enough. The interior dash and leather covers on sides of windshield are cracked and need replaced.

The BJ description:

The car was purchased by me, dismantled to rolling shell. The doors, deck lid and trunk were removed and the body was stripped to bare metal as well as the jams and trunk. The car was block sanded, primered and painted the correct Porsche factory color Wimbledon white base coat clear coat. The car was then reassembled.

WTF?
mrholland2
I'll spend $9.14 on it just because no one else has.
somd914
Well, something is a little fishy here. Not sure if I'd ever trust a BJ auction after seeing this. ar15.gif

BTW, someone needs to teach the owner the difference between leather and vinyl...
SirAndy
QUOTE(EdArango @ Jan 1 2012, 03:37 PM) *
Hey Tom...It is the same car that is on EvilBay....Compare the 4th picture to the B/J photo.

agree.gif

Exact same pictures! popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
Hmmm, same pictures but different VIN numbers. Also, the car on ebay used to be yellow.

confused24.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(somd914 @ Jan 1 2012, 04:30 PM) *

Well, something is a little fishy here. Not sure if I'd ever trust a BJ auction after seeing this. ar15.gif

BTW, someone needs to teach the owner the difference between leather and vinyl...

I hope you were kidding as the auction guys are generally crooks especially BJ. I've been to seveal of the biggies from BJ to Christie's and they all 'embellish' in one way or another. This must have been a favor to someone or part of a larger collection because the commission would be half the hamer drop.
somd914

I hope you were kidding as the auction guys are generally crooks especially BJ. I've been to seveal of the biggies from BJ to Christie's and they all 'embellish' in one way or another. This must have been a favor to someone or part of a larger collection because the commission would be half the hamer drop.

Never thought much of BJ to begin with, but sounds like some of the more reputable ones aren't much better. I personally couldn't see buying a car at an auction, the concept of buying based on visual inspection and the auctioneer's word is a little scary in my mind. This car in particular ought to send knowledgeable buyers running for the hills and asking some questions about the auction house.
914.SBC
Why a 1976 vintage I am sure there are way better quality cars out there than than one.
orange914
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Jan 1 2012, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ Jan 1 2012, 04:30 PM) *

I'd disagree, they are a well run business that I think has had a great impact on the older car market both buyers and sellers. The greased palms and commisions are part of the experiance. IMO
Jakeodoule
Looks like a different car now. No mirrors at all. Check out the sloppy weld repair on the trunk hinge

Should fetch over 10 now I would think.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...d=443&pop=0
tod914
That one is very nice. Only thing that really sticks out to me, is the seats. Other little items don't really detract from the car too much. Paintwork looks great. With Jake on this, over 10K.
Ferg
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jan 10 2012, 03:54 PM) *

That one is very nice. Only thing that really sticks out to me, is the seats. Other little items don't really detract from the car too much. Paintwork looks great. With Jake on this, over 10K.

agree.gif

Over 13k
Drums66
....$7,500 popcorn[1].gif
SUNAB914
I don't see anything wrong with that! Good looking car, original smog also.
Cairo94507
I do not know if that is the original white or not, but it looks pretty darn nice to me. Add some mirrors and get rid of the polished Fuchs for the original look Fuchs and it looks good. I think $10,000+ is likely. I would go higher but with it being a '76 and the smog requirement in CA I would have to consider that.
orange914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 11 2012, 06:25 AM) *

$10,000+ is likely.

agree.gif
Barrett's prices are coming back up recently
John
It does look like better pictures. However, not original as it is advertised as being.

I may be too harsh, but by judging by the bubblegum welds on the rear trunk pivot on the passenger side, I would be a bit leery of what is hiding under the fresh paint.

I'm also not sure why the seats were redone like they were. They do look nice, but on an otherwise original looking car, I think they detract.

My revised guess is 12,500 if it does sell. These are gaining attention, but still not a real popular car. A 73' 2.0 in similar condition SHOULD fetch more.
struckn
SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT

$ 17,050

aktion035.gif
Ferg
No surprise here
struckn
Not surprised either, I thought it would get into the mid teens plus the sell price included the commisions on top of the cost.
Type 47
QUOTE(struckn @ Jan 17 2012, 07:36 PM) *

SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT

$ 17,050

aktion035.gif

That's just about right for BJ...double what it is actually worth.

it just goes to show you that the money hungry dopes (did I type that out loud????) at BJ don't understand anything but antiques and muscle cars. I hate...did I type that out loud again...dislike the BJ, only care about stuffing millions of stupid un-earned $$'s in their already fat wallets, while perverting the car hobbie bastards.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 18 2012, 10:19 PM) *

SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT

$ 17,050

aktion035.gif

it just goes to show you that the money hungry dopes (did I type that out loud????) at BJ don't understand anything but antiques and muscle cars. I hate...did I type that out loud again...dislike the BJ, only care about stuffing millions of stupid un-earned $$'s in their already fat wallets, while perverting the car hobbie bastards.

agree.gif

BJ is right up there with Pawn Stars and the rest of those GD shows. Taking a poor suckers money to sell the thing for twice or three times what its worth, or giving someone half of what you're going to sell it for. Goes to show you that there will always be plenty of people with far more money than sense. Granted, I'm spending all my time piecing together a car thats a total rust bucket (and some would have said total loss), but I don't expect to spend more than 1,500 when I'm done to have a great car to drive!

-George
orange914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jan 18 2012, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 18 2012, 10:19 PM) *

SOLD IT SOLD IT SOLD IT

$ 17,050

aktion035.gif

agree.gif

BJ is right up there with Pawn Stars and the rest of those GD shows. Taking a poor suckers money to sell the thing for twice or three times what its worth, or giving someone half of what you're going to sell it for. Goes to show you that there will always be plenty of people with far more money than sense. Granted, I'm spending all my time piecing together a car thats a total rust bucket (and some would have said total loss), but I don't expect to spend more than 1,500 when I'm done to have a great car to drive!

-George

There are cost involved with a high visability sale such as BJ, just like the price differance when buying at a dealership vrs. Joe public. Not to speak highly of dealships sometimes.
I sometimes am baffled at how low some teener owners think of these cars value. They are an underrated & an increadable value relitive to most collectable/sports car or what ever you may classify them as. I've got no skin in the game at the moment as I'm 914less so I've no reason to say this except I hate seeing someone kick themself in the teeth, especially teeners, lots of quality peeps
just my 02c
Type 47
The cost to put on the BJ Scottsdale auction is pretty small when you consider the vendor sale commisions, the gate receipts, the TV revenues, and oh yeah the 20% commision on $70M in hammer sales.

stuttgart46
That is the reason that the majority of people on this board would probably go to BJ to look but never buy. We know better.
Have you noticed how many cars roll of the block with a brake light or tail light out? I saw a beautiful '68 Mustang go for a ton of $ then roll off with only 1 working brake light. It may sound petty but for that kind of money everything better work.
EdwardBlume
Great. How many ding dong brokers will be asking the moon for marginal 914s now saying - "you know one sold at BJ for $17M..."

uh, OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.