Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPDATE: Figured it out! -----I need pictures...desperately
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Working on the '76 I acquired a few weeks ago. The PO had started replacing the cable; however, it looks like he ran into trouble/lost interested and quit.

It looks like the cable is new and is attached on the transmission end. The problem is, I don't see it in the pedal area and since I didn't remove it I have no idea where I should be seeing it. I am 90 minutes from my other 914's so I can't easily take a look.

I did a search and found a couple of pictures; but they were either too small or didn't have the shot I was looking for. The Haynes manual picture is crap.

So..I need pics of where the cable should come out of the tunnel (around the pedals) and then a picture of how and where it attaches to the pedal cluster.

Thank you!
type47
I'll see about a pic but to get you started, there is a piece that the cable threads into and the piece has a little "nub"/"tit"/stub that goes through the hole in the lever and a locking piece that clips on that keeps the stub from coming out of the hole in the lever.

clevis and bolt. Clevis screws onto threaded end of clutch cable.
Click to view attachment
Bolt "stub" attaches clevis to lever
Click to view attachment
"safety clip" (?) clips on clevis to keep stub from disconnecting from lever
Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 1 2012, 12:30 PM) *

I'll see about a pic but to get you started, there is a piece that the cable threads into and the piece has a little "nub"/"tit"/stub that goes through the hole in the lever and a locking piece that clips on that keeps the stub from coming out of the hole in the lever.

Between my son and I we figured it out!!!!! Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.