Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My '74 914 - as good as it looks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sunnybug84
Hi!
I am Eike and I live in Chattanooga, TN. I work at Volkswagen for a couple of month and was looking for a nice 914. Im working on aircooled (volkswagen) for almost 13 years now and drove them ever since. I always wanted a porsche, not specificlay the 914 but from that area. I drove my first 914 at the bugapalooza in Chattanooga and it caught me right away. Although that one had some serious rust issues, the car was running great, it was a blast!
I found a couple nice ones in the classifieds, but they were either to far away or just not as good as I hoped.
This one was in the classifieds for a longer time and I was a little worried, that it might not be as good as described, but finally it was! It was even better. smile.gif

Of course not perfect, but no rust issues anywhere, a nice running stock 2.0 FI and a very nice interior.

For now I am only driving it for fun on the weekends. We will see what will happen back in Gemany. Of ourse, I wil take this thing back with me. smile.gif

Here are some pics.

the pickup, I flow down to Orlando and drove it back. biggrin.gif of course something broke. Fortunately it were only the points... dry.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
JStroud
welcome.png

Nice looking car!

Happy new year
Jeff
zymurgist
welcome.png

Nice car. I like the seats!
Tom_T
Congratz on a nice buy!
welcome.png
pnewman
Nice looking ride!

I have never seen a yellow on any other car that was as pleasant and understated as the one that came on our 914's.

Is it "canary yellow"?

How bout it color code junkies.
jaxdream
Steve Herman's car ????

Jack

welcome.png
Cairo94507
As soon as I saw the seats I recognized the car. That is a nice car. Welcome and good luck.
ww914
Good job! Nice car.
TheCabinetmaker
Interesting, the last pic shows a car with rivera rims, the first pic shows a car with either fuchs, or gurneys. Did you change the wheels already?
sunnybug84
Hi,
I didnt change the wheels the car always had the same rims on all pictures. The 4 lug fuchs wheels. smile.gif

Here are some pics from the weekend. I got a lot of rubber with the car so it needed to be installed. smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As soon as the car is back in Germany, all the screws will be exchanged wink.gif I was a little lazy this time. unsure.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.