Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Tire Shops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
I still have yet to find a decent tire shop in the Bay Area, and the wife's grocery getter just caught a nail in a nearly new tire, so I need a shop that will properly patch a tire. Prefer Peninsula, but I'll take South Bay or even Hayward and thereabouts.
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif
Brad Roberts
I was going to recommend "us" but it sounds like you are VERY picky about who you want to do the job (which shy'd me away from raising my hand). We do all of our own mounting/balancing with late model equipment.

B
neo914-6
James,
Take your pick of the cheapest, smallest used tire repair business... the ones who quote different prices every time you go there. The chain tire stores want to move tires but the small tire shops still know how to and will patch tires if that's all you need. Do you want the business owner working on your tire or the new kid in the chain store that was just hired that day who is figuring out how to use the air wrench? laugh.gif
Other than Roger Kraus in Castro Valley, I've ordered from Tirerack and used their local approved installers.
Felix
tesserra
Americas Tire. They fix flats for free whether you bought the tires there or not.
They are part the Tire Rack co. too.
They do nothing but tires so they won't try to sell you alignments, brakes, etc.
I don't know if there are any in your area.

George
neo914-6
agree.gif
Forgot, I've used them too.
Felix
lapuwali
Actually, Brad, I had no idea HPH did tires. It's not so much that I'm picky, it's that I had a fabulous place in Sacto (TredMill, for anyone near there), which always did patch jobs w/o a quibble, using a good patch technique (tire removed from rim, using one of the patches with the plug molded in, you could never tell the tire was patched). They also religiously used rim protectors and hand-torqued everything. Great shop, and I miss it.

Most tire places I've talked to won't touch patching, and I really don't want to call all over finding a place that will do it. I actually had a manager at a Firestone place in Sacto once look me in the eye and state that "patching the tire ruins the tire".

I'll bring my tire round in the next couple of days.

There are some America's Tire in our area, but HPH is actually a bit closer to me than the nearest one, and I'm happier to give HPH business for obvious reasons.
Brad Roberts
Cool man.

I hate places that plug tires.. when you can hear the steel belts being seperated during the process it cant be good.

B
anthony
Brad, how much for a mount and balance. I've got two sets of tires that need to be done in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.