Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs - Got Mine tonight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ok, I keep getting closer. I got my Fuchs today! mueba.gif

What is safe cleaner to get brake dust and road grime off? Citrus Orange stuff?

What center caps fit? Which are correct ones? What is best source?

My Olympic Blue baby is coming together nice!

aktion035.gif
driving.gif
Joe Bob
You can get most of the grime off with Simple Green, then use a mild abrasive polish. Center caps are two styles early and late. What size are they?
RAR
P21S. Once probably wouldn't hurt, but I believe the Air Force determined Simple Green corrodes aluminum over time. Too bad too, good stuff.
winterkornj
No not Simple Green, That was one of my favorite cleaner I guess I will have to find another any suggestions out there?
Joe Bob
QUOTE(RAR @ Aug 24 2004, 06:29 PM)
P21S. Once probably wouldn't hurt, but I believe the Air Force determined Simple Green corrodes aluminum over time. Too bad too, good stuff.

If you let it sit....even Coca Cola will eat chrome or an alloy. Clean it to get the gros particulate off, then use the abarasive polish for the fines....
RAR
For wheels that are on their way to being a classic, the P21S is a Porsche developed product. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way, when put on with a paint brush. SG is still probably fine for steel, and as Mike says it probably takes a while to corrode with Simple Green. There are aluminum specific cleaners out there, and maybe SG will correct the problem. I like it too.
seanery
P21 is the best
smg914
You may think I'm crazy but I've had great results cleaning 2 Liter Fuchs with SOS pads. Keep them wet and use a gently pressure. They also clean the backs of the wheels nicely. Use the SOS pads for the initial cleaning of your wheels. After you get them as clean as they are going to get, then maintain them with P21S wheel cleaner. I've never used Simple Green on Fuchs but I've seen SG turn the Mahle Alloys from Silver to a blue tint that cannot be removed.
qa1142
OK got Fuch

Got Falkens' today 205 50 15's and they look BAD JOHNNY on these rims

smilie_pokal.gif

What cap fits? looks like hole is 2 3/16" is that right? Where can i get caps?
qa1142
Sorry 2 3/8"

What fits
<_<
Joe Ricard
Well what ever cleaner you choose make sure it is SAFE for anodized aluminum. Wrong stuff will eat or stain the anodized and then you wil be pissed.

If it says try in an inconspicuous place just leave it on the shelf. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.