Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worn Out Rubber Fuel Injector Connection Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
My rubber covers which cover my fuel injector connections are pretty much fried after 39 years. I know there a replacements but I don't want to cut my injector wires to get them on.

Does anyone know of a solution or alternative product?

Thank you in advance and have a Happy New Year.

Terry

reharvey
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 2 2012, 02:56 PM) *

My rubber covers which cover my fuel injector connections are pretty much fried after 39 years. I know there a replacements but I don't want to cut my injector wires to get them on.

Does anyone know of a solution or alternative product?

Thank you in advance and have a Happy New Year.

Terry

You need to remove the terminals from the plastic connectors to change the rubber boots. No need to cut any wires. I use a special tool that looks like a long thin flat screw driver. I haven't seen these boots for sale lately. Anyone have these. Ray
SirAndy
QUOTE(reharvey @ Jan 2 2012, 12:36 PM) *
You need to remove the terminals from the plastic connectors to change the rubber boots. No need to cut any wires. I use a special tool that looks like a long thin flat screw driver.

agree.gif

There's a special tool just for that but a very small flat screwdriver will work too.
shades.gif
TheCabinetmaker
flat jewelers screwdriver
sfrenck
He who shall remain nameless sells them (for a lot of $$).

AA injector boot kit
JawjaPorsche
Yikes! You were not kidding!

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Jan 2 2012, 04:11 PM) *

He who shall remain nameless sells them (for a lot of $$).

AA injector boot kit

sfrenck
I never found them anywhere else. You could try PM'ing Jeff Bowlsby since he is the wiring harness guru (and all-around nice guy).

type47
I saw the tool at BusBoys

http://www.bus-boys.com/

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
Volvo & BMW have rubber boots that work & sold through their parts dept. I don't have a part # & they were expensive a number of years ago in the $10 to $15 dollar each area. It was a discussion a long time ago that Jeff Bowlsby probably remembers. They looked the same except for the Volvo/BMW logo, etc. They were only in black rubber & no one has the grey/white ones except Porsche if available.

Tom
mepstein
Maybe it's time to talk to Mikey/Mark/914rubber.com?
Get started on the 2012 wish list.
I paged through his site the other day.
He has a ton of great stuff!
smile.gif
76-914
Volvo has a kit which I bought from someone that Bosely listed in his list. They were about what AA gets but they came with some other size boots as well; some of which I could use and some I could not. Obviously specific to Volvo. Their shipping cost was way out of line which is what brought the price up to AA's level. I'd bet you could get a group buy going on these w/ mark at Mikey914 and see a huge drop in price. Yes, there is a special tool. It is around $26. Good double sided electrical tape is about $4 a roll, if so inclined.
Valy
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jan 2 2012, 04:23 PM) *

Volvo & BMW have rubber boots that work

agree.gif

Do a short trip to the local junkyard will fill your pockets with all the connectors and rubber protectors that you need. It's easy to find good ones and they don't cost a fortune.

I think I got about 20 connectors last time and used some build the wiring for my injector cleaner piratenanner.gif
Tom
Try, http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&a...Ia9uZWfI1-lp4MA
They have a kit for one of the injected Volvos that will give you most of what you need. If I remember, there is one larger one not in the kit, but several extra of the two connector ones.
Tom
JawjaPorsche
I found them:Bosch D-Jet fuel injectors rubber protector set (7 x 2pin; 2 x 4pin; 1 x 3pin) B20E/F

I have attached picture.

QUOTE(Tom @ Jan 2 2012, 08:06 PM) *

Try, http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&a...Ia9uZWfI1-lp4MA
They have a kit for one of the injected Volvos that will give you most of what you need. If I remember, there is one larger one not in the kit, but several extra of the two connector ones.
Tom

76-914
How much was the total w/ shipping?
rph20355
eBay - search for "BMW E3 E9 rubber protection cap for cable harness". Got 8 injector boots for $20. Also, a large straightened paper clip works well to release the injector connector wires.
JawjaPorsche
Cost was $57.15 plus shipping which depend on your zip.

[u]
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 2 2012, 09:08 PM) *

How much was the total w/ shipping?

JawjaPorsche
Thank you for the information. I just ordered a set which was $27.19 including shipping.

QUOTE(rph20355 @ Jan 2 2012, 09:25 PM) *

eBay - search for "BMW E3 E9 rubber protection cap for cable harness". Got 8 injector boots for $20. Also, a large straightened paper clip works well to release the injector connector wires.

IronHillRestorations
I've been getting kits from Swedish Treasures, a Saab site.
Mikey914
I'd make them if they were not available reasonably, but yes I use the volvo ones.
toadman
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 2 2012, 04:09 PM) *

That Busboys tool is a bargain at $3.00. I need to get one of those and keep it in my car. For my tool box I got a wire terminal tool (#STL 56500) at Carquest for about $14 four years ago. This is a multifunctional tool that fits a number of different types and styles of electrical connectors. One of them is just right for the Bosch FI connectors.

I bought a set of rubber injection boots from Swedish Treasures several years ago and have been very happy with them.
914werke
Resurrecting an old thread.
So a slight twist for us concourse guys ... the OE loom used 2 different boots, one black & one beige on each bank, presumably to correctly orient the # injector?
What is the correct orientation ... ?
@jeffbowlsby
JeffBowlsby
The tan boots on djet engines only, including VWs, go on injectors for cups 2&4. The way djet functions however, the injectors can be swapped on each side with no ill effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.