Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: T-stat bellows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
Anyone out there have one? I have seen some older posts with some for sale, but can't tell if they were SOLD.

Thanks,

Clark
malcolm2
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jan 2 2012, 03:20 PM) *

Anyone out there have one? I have seen some older posts with some for sale, but can't tell if they were SOLD.

Thanks,

Clark

Any one ever try this one? It is the newest 043-119-159 for type 1. They say that they are now discontinued too. Small supply available.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...VWC-043-119-159
pilothyer

Thanks,

Clark

Hello Clark.....There is one on Evil Bay right now for $25.00. The picture shown doesn't show clearly if the bellows are expanded but you should be able to contact the seller and ask....I have made several purchases from this seller before and was always happy with the item.........Also the one that works for the 914 but looks kinda funny has an inherent problem.....it defaults to the cold (closed) position..........Jerry

jimkelly
check this out

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=147305&hl=
malcolm2
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jan 3 2012, 11:51 PM) *

Hello Clark.....There is one on Evil Bay right now for $25.00. The picture shown doesn't show clearly if the bellows are expanded but you should be able to contact the seller and ask....I have made several purchases from this seller before and was always happy with the item.........Also the one that works for the 914 but looks kinda funny has an inherent problem.....it defaults to the cold (closed) position..........Jerry

Crap the auction ended with zero bids. I had trouble finding it, cause he spelled Thermostat wrong. "thermostadt"? I contacted him tho. Thanks.

I was under the impression that the majority of the failures for this OE part (021 119 159A) is when the chemical leaks out and the unit expands, opening the flaps. I saw a Mexican type 1 spring version that someone said fails and closes the flaps.
malcolm2
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jan 4 2012, 05:29 AM) *

I found your post before I posted, you still selling?
malcolm2
QUOTE(aharder @ Jan 3 2012, 04:16 PM) *

I did check there, but they have a very confusing description. "looks different"???? why didn't they take a different picture? The web is so great for buyers and sellers to operate without inter-facing, NOT WTF.gif . I will have to call them and ask about the looks, I guess.
Thanks for your input,

Clark
hencar
Hello everyone,

I just posted three for sale on Samba. Click on the link below if you are interested. I have two people who have contacted me already. The ones at A.A. are reproductions and sell for $78.50 and are supposedly better than the originals.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1242743

Thanks in advance,

Henry
malcolm2

Thanks,

Clark

I did find that a place called AwesomePowdercoat.com re-manufactures the type 4 T-stat. Someone makes the bellows for him and he uses old tops and bottoms, then makes a new hex nut to match the threads. 2 year warranty to boot. found the ad on the samba. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1036746

Mine turned out great.
Click to view attachment

still not open....at 155*F
Click to view attachment

not too much later it opened. Camera was alittle slow, temp got to 188*F before I could snap it.
Click to view attachment

LOOKS BRAND NEW. Not cheap, but neither is my engine. I will ad that I had to ream out the hole that the hex nut goes into on the mounting bracket. His hex nut was abit bigger than the OEM I removed. Easy fix tho.
Click to view attachment
pilothyer
Hey Clark........Glad to see you got one........I bought some from Clark (his name too) in the past and they seem to be good as new.....I guess you know this already but if you send him your old one as a core he will deduct $5.00 for each one.............Jerry
914werke
crap Ive been trowing them out!
malcolm2
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jan 26 2012, 10:18 PM) *

Hey Clark........Glad to see you got one........I bought some from Clark (his name too) in the past and they seem to be good as new.....I guess you know this already but if you send him your old one as a core he will deduct $5.00 for each one.............Jerry

$5 just did not seem worth it with shipping and all. Not sure what parcel post would have cost me, but that would have been the way to go. For $15, I might have gone to the trouble. I had to wait a week or so, and cores were not the hold up. I did notice the name. Have not met many Clarks in my life, but there are a few.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.