Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Towing my 914 from Davis to SLO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
strawman
As some of you know, I've accepted a job in San Luis Obispo. So I've spent the last few weeks cleaning up our house in Davis to get it ready to sell (realtors tour starts in 30 minutes!), and finally got around to getting my Suby-powered teener tow-ready. Below are a couple of pictures of the car on a U-Haul trailer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'll be towing with my trusty 1988 Chevy van and driving on I-5 to SR-41/46 for its temporary storage in Paso Robles. If you see a middle-aged guy creeping along with white knuckles, be sure to give me the thumbs up. Wish me luck!

Geoff
ConeDodger
Geoff,
Best of luck on your trip and your new job and home... I will see you in the spring for WCR and on other occasions when I visit my cousin Kim! biggrin.gif
computers4kids
Oh the joy of moving!
Geoff,
If you want to borrow my tilt trailer for your teener for a while until you get settled, you're more than welcome to.
Mark
CliffBraun
Cool! Welcome to the SLO area. Stop by and have a beer sometime.
markb
QUOTE(CliffBraun @ Jan 3 2012, 10:03 AM) *

agree.gif
Let us know when you get settled, or if you need help.
arkitect
Geoff,
Good luck on your new adventure.

Dave
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(markb @ Jan 3 2012, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(CliffBraun @ Jan 3 2012, 10:03 AM) *

agree.gif
Let us know when you get settled, or if you need help.

He wil be too busy making the buses run on time. laugh.gif
jeeperjohn56
Good Luck Geoff, Maybe we'll see you when we go to Pismo Beach, or at the next WCR. John
strawman
I made it without incident, and my teener is tucked away safely in a storage unit in Paso Robles until our rental house in SLO is ready for occupancy later this month. We really enjoyed living in Davis, but we are excited to live the SLO way. Once I get settled, I hope that we can meet up for bench racing and libations!
PlaysWithCars
Very jealous. I went to school at Cal Poly and know you will have an awesome time driving the back roads in the teener. Sure wish I had one when I was living there.
ww914
Wecome to SLO. Yes, there are many great roads around here. We all need to get together for a drive. Do you guys meet somewhere now?
EdwardBlume
Godspeed.

I'll trailer down my race car if you SLO pokes put something good on... beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.