Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Gotta Have Game for Next Christmas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
You young uns won't recognize what hides beneath the skin of this "917", but us old farts do. Just think of it as the XBox of its day. biggrin.gif
Tom_T
Most of the car magazines I get have slot car ads in them now, which surprised me cuz I thought they more or less died out with the passing of the 70's.
So I guess it's either "new again" with the young-uns &/or kept alive by us old farts! biggrin.gif

I think they should've thought this 917 set-up through a bit more though, cuz to appreciate the 917 cover it needs to mount low, but the best racing set-up is table height.
Besides, if it's low it just gives us old farts another reason to keep the Advil folks in business from bending over racing the slot cars! dry.gif

I remember building custom slot cars with the clear blow molded bodies that you painted on the inside back in the 60's.

Mom always got so mad that I was wasting my money on those dang stupid toy cars! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
stuttgart46
That is awesome. The ultimate man cave accessory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.