Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugs on the bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
This is what my front bumper looks like after a week or so. Anyone have cleaning tips and or some kind of preventative wax or something that helps with clean up?

I don’t like using a pressure washer on my teen and it takes a whole bunch of elbow grease to clean this mess up.

So what’s your best trick?
boxstr
Simoniz makes a Bug and Tar cleaner, wipe on, wipe bugs off.
CCLINWIPEME
kafermeister
I have had the following suggestions from other people. The sum of which seem to work ok.

1) Baby oil. Seriously, it makes short work of road tar.

2) Use that liquid spray-on way by Turtle Wax that used to be called (and I guess it still is) Minute Wax.

3) 3M Adhesive remover.

4) Normal everyday FLAPS Bug and Tar remover. Pick your favorite brand. I don't like these as much as some of the home brew methods because of the brands I've tried, they seem to be VERY watery and as such, tend to let your sponge/towell scratch paint more easily. That's just my opinion so take it for what you paid for it. smile.gif

Personally I've had the best luck with #2 for bugs.

Rick
thesey914
I just found a solution to this problem with this.
I'm not sure whether you can get these in the states but the sponge has a 'scotchbrite' abrasive type material on the reverse. Normal Scotchbrite is way too abrasive for paint but I tested this bug remover on the shiny plastic microwave door and it didn't mark it.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.