Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best 914 Books
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
What are the must-have 914 books for the garage? Sorry if this question has been beat to death in the past.
jsayre914
I would say...

How to train your wife and turn her into your best friend

or

How To Make Your Wife Feel Loved and Special

laugh.gif
jsayre914
seriously,

I always use the haynes or tech tips 700

Both are great books
Steve
Haynes for 914, clymer 914 four and six manual, tech tips and Haynes 911 manual for a six conversion.
orange914

shameless plug for Chiltons, but

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=161920&hl=
GeorgeRud
Porsche shop manuals and Ludvigsen's Excellence Was Expected!

Dr. Brett Johnson's 914 book is also pretty handy if you're looking for originality information.
VaccaRabite
For the garage?
get the Haynes and find a print out of the 914 Shop Manual.
Print the electrical diagrams (in color) from this site and keep them in what ever manual you use.

If you have carbs, you need the Weber Tech Manual.

The only one I keep in the garage is the Haynes with the color printouts of the wire map.

Zach
ww914
Thanks guys. I knew it, I found Rusty's post " Suggested Reading List, 914 Books to Educate and Entertain" which list many books.

Zach - Can't find those electrical diagrams.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 5 2012, 06:54 AM) *

Thanks guys. I knew it, I found Rusty's post " Suggested Reading List, 914 Books to Educate and Entertain" which list many books.

Zach - Can't find those electrical diagrams.

They're on the Pelican Parts website ...............

The Cap'n
Scott S
I have printed out copies of both the 914 PET and the mid year 911 PET and have them in binders in the shop. Having diagrams with actual part numbers has really been helpful for me on several occasions.

beerchug.gif
J P Stein
"upfixen der Porsche", vols 4 thru 9. Out of print, but if you can find them jump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.