Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sounds..like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
Took the 914 out for a test drive(replace the fuel pump)..man I miss driving it.
anyway it started to make a high pitch sound coming from the right front wheel.
as I step on the breaks the sound went away....Now I have changed the all the barring?
could it be a piston not returning?.
rjames
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 4 2012, 08:54 PM) *

Took the 914 out for a test drive(replace the fuel pump)..man I miss driving it.
as I step on the breaks the sound went away....Now I have changed the all the barring?

If it's a sticking caliper you should be able to tell by simply jacking up that side, rotating the wheel and seeing if the brake pad is rubbing against the rotor. At the same time you can check the bearing.
oldschool
QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 4 2012, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 4 2012, 08:54 PM) *

If it's a sticking caliper you should be able to tell by simply jacking up that side, rotating the wheel and seeing if the brake pad is rubbing against the rotor. At the same time you can check the bearing.

Thanks man, I will check it tomorrow,My tire chief lifts the both side laugh.gif
'73-914kid
Jaime, we just need to tear into that front end...Do everything, fix all problems.. etc. etc. rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
I thnik it cuold be teh breaks but it aslo mihgt be teh barrings. biggrin.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2012, 10:34 PM) *

I thnik it cuold be teh breaks but it aslo mihgt be teh barrings. biggrin.gif

thank God I have a extra 914...I change the break caliper..and yep..fix aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 4 2012, 10:15 PM) *

Jaime, we just need to tear into that front end...Do everything, fix all problems.. etc. etc. rolleyes.gif
came on down and lets lower it. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.