Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us your interior! Upgrades and options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pnewman
I have lurked looked around the site for good back pad / interior pics but to no avail. Perhaps I missed the thread. Drrr

I am putting my 74 back together after repaint after years of upgrades and mods.

Plan on Autox and back up daily driver...

I plan on doing 5 pt harness and possible seat upgrades?

I have a bar for using the oem back pad to accomodate the shoulder harnesses.

I am looking for interior pics to see what my fellow teeners are doing especially in regards to the rear back pad. This view is probably the most overlooked perspective when people shoot their interior or atleast when they offer the pics online.

I have seen glimpses of simple material glued backs with access hatches for the conversions as well as roll bars / cages and harness mounting accomodations.

Please show us what you have?
pray.gif
Thanks in advance,
Pete
Elliot Cannon
I just installed the "lemans" seats from GTS Classics. Nice seats but not too happy with the installation. When the seat rails are tightened it is impossible to slide the seat forward and back. He sent me some wedges that are supposed to help with that problem but I haven't tried them yet. The seats look good and are comfortable and the headrests barely fit under the harness bar.
Cheers, Elliot
jsayre914
Try THIS thread

smile.gif
maf914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 5 2012, 11:31 PM) *

I just installed the "lemans" seats from GTS Classics. Nice seats but not too happy with the installation. When the seat rails are tightened it is impossible to slide the seat forward and back. He sent me some wedges that are supposed to help with that problem but I haven't tried them yet.

I acquired a set of Koenig seats back in the mid 90's that look very similar to those. I had the same problems with installation, it appeared the rails (channels) from the stock seats when transfered to the Koenigs were splayed outward. When installed on the floor tracks the seats refused to slide. Talk about PO'd! I ended up making some thin wooden wedges the length of the rails and inserted them between the seat and the seat mounted rails to try to square the rails. After several adjustments I finall was able to get some for-and-aft motion of the seat when mounted, but still not really good. Apparently the frame within the seat was not true or square. In the process I cleaned, polished and greased the rails and tracks to make sure that wasn't the problem.
reharvey
Mine is mostly stock with a few extras.
JmuRiz
That's one nice looking interior, super clean looking!
Amazing what a wheel, shift knob and gauge rings can do for an interior.
pnewman
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 5 2012, 11:31 PM) *

I just installed the "lemans" seats from GTS Classics. Nice seats but not too happy with the installation. When the seat rails are tightened it is impossible to slide the seat forward and back. He sent me some wedges that are supposed to help with that problem but I haven't tried them yet. The seats look good and are comfortable and the headrests barely fit under the harness bar.
Cheers, Elliot

That looks awesome!

I like the fitment of the seats below the C bar. Talk about snug.

You mentioned that the seats don't adjust easly. Are you sure that the C-bar isn't rubbing making it hard to move the seats?

Again,

Sharp ride!
beerchug.gif
RickS
Thought it was time to bring this one back to life since so many have such cool unique interiors. Mine is neither. Not the best shot, but it is what it is...

Speedo being recalibrated

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.