Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced fresh air blower- only have middle speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
confused24.gif

i have checked the wires, connections etc. the slider contacts have been cleaned and lubed. they contact in all positions but i get one speed to work , #2, middle.
any ideas on what , where, how to test?

thanks for the help

phil
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 5 2012, 12:01 PM) *

confused24.gif

i have checked the wires, connections etc. the slider contacts have been cleaned and lubed. they contact in all positions but i get one speed to work , #2, middle.

thanks for the help

phil

More cold weather is coming...better get it figured out soon! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 5 2012, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 5 2012, 12:01 PM) *

confused24.gif

thanks for the help

phil

More cold weather is coming...better get it figured out soon! biggrin.gif

well, heat works fine - this is the fresh air blower - the old one did not work at all the fan was shot, and it did not close so there was always cold air leaking thru when i did not want it - so at least i can de-fog the windows. and i drove the car yesterday and today- toasty warm! Glad i got those Stainless heat exchangers and replaced the window, targa, and door seals - much less draft!!

But i know later on i will want the high speed to work , - by the way- how is your's running? had the "pickle" been delivered yet?

pw
McMark
Most likely it's the switch in the dash. The motors get stuck with leaves or corroded bearings. Then when switched on the connections get hot and the plastic melts and the switch doesn't make contact anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.