Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pump Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I'm trying to disassemble my engine and can't get my oil pump out. I removed the 4 nuts and pulled so hard I broke off one of the ears.

Am I missing a fastener somewhere?

Any advice would be appreciated.
nathansnathan
It may be necessary to loosen the case parting nuts that are near the pump. The stock pump is a tight fit in there.
Highland
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 5 2012, 10:54 AM) *

It may be necessary to loosen the case parting nuts that are near the pump. The stock pump is a tight fit in there.

Thanks. That did the trick.

Any recommendations on a replacement pump for the one I broke?
nathansnathan
QUOTE(Highland @ Jan 5 2012, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Jan 5 2012, 10:54 AM) *

Thanks. That did the trick.

Any recommendations on a replacement pump for the one I broke?

That's a whole can o worms there. Used to be the type 1 shadek pumps were the solution, but the od of the body is(became?) too small. I think the melling pump maybe is the one to get now, though it is steel and some say that expansion rates differing will cause leaks.

To do the type 1 pump though, you have to split the case and use a modified cam gear/ check for clearances, etc. Not sure about the Melling, if it's a similar situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.