Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New car just arrived!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
The car I bought from Utah914 just arrived....still wearing it's road grime! I think I'm done for now! aktion035.gif

IPB Image

SUNAB914
You are in a world of pain.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jan 5 2012, 02:20 PM) *

You are in a world of pain.

I've always wanted my own junkyard. I think I'm off to a good start!
SUNAB914
Well at least Phil is close by to help you. I tried the junkyard thing before also, didn't last long though. Good luck.
Got a good idea, pull 2.0 from 74 rusty project and put in 73 good car.
eric9144
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 5 2012, 11:19 AM) *

I think I'm done for now! aktion035.gif

Stop kidding yourself...you're never done! Very purdy! drooley.gif Congrats!
DRPHIL914

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:16 PM) *

Well at least Phil is close by to help you. I tried the junkyard thing before also, didn't last long though. Good luck.

You have enough parts for atleast one good car
poke.gif

Looks nice!! Looked long and hard at that one...
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 5 2012, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:16 PM) *

You have enough parts for atleast one good car
poke.gif

Looks nice!! Looked long and hard at that one...

You are right...I can get one good one and make a fortune selling parts! happy11.gif
Tom_T
I know of a classic car 12 step program I can recco for you! biggrin.gif

Nice find, now clean 'er up! smilie_pokal.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 5 2012, 09:01 PM) *

Maybe we need to do an intervention! I know where he lives, - and i think he is still looking, judging by our recent conversations... poke.gif

we need to coordinate more , because the last car i looked at the guy says " well i have another interested party..." - but i know who the other "tire kicker" was --BILL!
Build a morton builing in your back yard with 6 bays, then i'll have a place to store my next project... that is if i can get to one before Bill... the lesson here is(for me) "he who hesitates looses"

seriously, Bill, keep up the good work, keep bringing more rust free cars east!!!-

What will it be next........ popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
pw
SUNAB914
And on the 7th day, he built a workshop.
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 10 2012, 08:03 AM) *

Maybe we need to do an intervention! I know where he lives, - and i think he is still looking, judging by our recent conversations... poke.gif

we need to coordinate more , because the last car i looked at the guy says " well i have another interested party..." - but i know who the other "tire kicker" was --BILL!
Build a morton builing in your back yard with 6 bays, then i'll have a place to store my next project... that is if i can get to one before Bill... the lesson here is(for me) "he who hesitates looses"

seriously, Bill, keep up the good work, keep bringing more rust free cars east!!!-

pw

Well...the first step is to start buying rust free cars! I haven't moved that point...yet!

I've only looked at two cars before you...and even gave you a free condition report on one of them. aktion035.gif

I think I'm good for now....four is enough. No gaurantees, though! poke.gif

BTW: I'm building my new garage at my other house....40'x30' with three bays and 14' ceilings beer.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jan 10 2012, 08:09 AM) *

And on the 7th day, he built a workshop.

Soon...very soon....
billh1963
Here's the new one....cleaned up a little...

IPB Image
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 09:29 AM) *

pw

Well...the first step is to start buying rust free cars! I haven't moved that point...yet!

I've only looked at two cars before you...and even gave you a free condition report on one of them. aktion035.gif

BTW: I'm building my new garage at my other house....40'x30' with three bays and 14' ceilings beer.gif

Yes you did!! that was most excellent. I could not get over there so thanks so much for the inside information!!! pretty cool- no competition - we are on the same team!!!
So you are not building the garage here? i guess that makes sense, you are up there working all week, but you will have to leave a project at each location, but this makes it more difficult for me to help- poke.gif

I really like that green one- I am "Green" with envy!!

-very nice, a little project but nothing too major- and it runs!!!m

mine would not start this morning headbang.gif this is what i've been dealing with the past month, it's either a stuck cold start valve or the other injectors are sticking open and flooding it out when it sits for a long time- id did not drive it for 5 days, but when i parked it friday it ran great!- i had just put new FI points plate and a new CHT in and it ran best it has, - but my new injectors came yesterday so guess what i am doing tonight !!!

billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 10 2012, 11:15 AM) *

pw

Yes you did!! that was most excellent. I could not get over there so thanks so much for the inside information!!! pretty cool- no competition - we are on the same team!!!
So you are not building the garage here? i guess that makes sense, you are up there working all week, but you will have to leave a project at each location, but this makes it more difficult for me to help- poke.gif

mine would not start this morning headbang.gif this is what i've been dealing with the past month, it's either a stuck cold start valve or the other injectors are sticking open and flooding it out when it sits for a long time- id did not drive it for 5 days, but when i parked it friday it ran great!- i had just put new FI points plate and a new CHT in and it ran best it has, - but my new injectors came yesterday so guess what i am doing tonight !!!

My new garage will only be an hour and half away.... you'll just have to drive up here to use the lift!

Sounds like your car is being petulant....you need to drive it more! sunglasses.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 01:21 PM) *

pw

My new garage will only be an hour and half away.... you'll just have to drive up here to use the lift!

Sounds like your car is being petulant....you need to drive it more! sunglasses.gif

if i drive it every day, it behaves, i think it gets jelous. it sat all weekend confused24.gif
i know i have some leaking injectors and those cylinders get flooded out, my new ones came, and will be in tonight.

you are not far from Wingnut-- by the way he needs help parting out a car, thought you and i could go give him a hand- he cant by himself-hurt his back - let me know when would be a good time- he has lots he is getting rid of too.

is the green car here or up in Orangeburg?

pw
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 10 2012, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 01:21 PM) *

pw

if i drive it every day, it behaves, i think it gets jelous. it sat all weekend confused24.gif
i know i have some leaking injectors and those cylinders get flooded out, my new ones came, and will be in tonight.

you are not far from Wingnut-- by the way he needs help parting out a car, thought you and i could go give him a hand- he cant by himself-hurt his back - let me know when would be a good time- he has lots he is getting rid of too.

is the green car here or up in Orangeburg?

pw

It's in Orangeburg. I'm going to drive it down this weekend to take it to your mechanic.

I would love to help out Wingnut. I almost bought a parts car yesterday just to tear one apart to see how they work. I'm free most any weekend with enough notice.

Let me know!
KELTY360
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 06:29 AM) *

That's not enough room.....but then, there is no such thing as enough room. shades.gif Nature abhors a vacuum.
PeeGreen 914
Beautiful car with a great color. You'd fit right in with the NW guys smile.gif

billh1963
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 10 2012, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 06:29 AM) *

That's not enough room.....but then, there is no such thing as enough room. shades.gif Nature abhors a vacuum.

I know...but, it's as big as I can afford! I have to put in my lift, air lines, etc. Any bigger and I would have to be rezoned as commercial. biggrin.gif
JRust
Can you hit add reply on the bottom as opposed to reply in the thread. Get's old having all the replies in every single reply to your thread poke.gif

Looks like a pretty solid car besides that hell hole. Always baffles me when I see a 914 that looks so nice. But has all that rust hiding. Anyway if it had been closer I might have bought it. Hope the rust repair goes good for you. Love Green 914's drooley.gif
billh1963
Will do...just for you! beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Very nice ride!
JRust
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 01:10 PM) *

beerchug.gif Perfect! LOL
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 10 2012, 01:10 PM) *

I like to have all the replies in one just to annoy Jamie biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.