Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell Old Paint...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
The truck just left with my 914/6 aboard:

Click to view attachment

It took me a long while to decide to let it go, but I wasn't driving it much, and with the winters we can have here in the Midwest, it was locked away for much of the year, so it couldn't function as a second car. It's going to a fellow in France. I know, one less Teener in the States. On the upside, Michel Saumet operates an interesting business, part of which includes classic car rentals, so if you ever go to France perhaps you'll be able to rent it. biggrin.gif At the moment he's in South America providing support for a Dakar entrant.

I've been looking around for something more practical, perhaps a 911SC. If you have a line on anything, let me know.

I'll still hang around here, mostly in lurk mode. Everyone on 914world (and 914club before that) has been most helpful during the 6+ years I owned the car. Most of the few spare parts I had went with the car, but I kept back two which have a direct connection to people here. I'll put them up on the classified forum in the next couple days at low prices as a way to say thanks.

If you're ever in the Chicago area, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Skip
Eric_Shea
sad.gif

That was a beauty...
markb
sad.gif
rjames
Beatiful car. Love those wheels.
France? sad.gif
skota
bummer, was looking forward to seeing it in person at some point, if I where a 914 though, I think I'd rather be in France biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
ohmy.gif How the heck did I miss you selling your car????? Damn that is a nice car. Not sure I could have bought just now anyway, but dang it headbang.gif
smontanaro
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 5 2012, 04:19 PM) *

ohmy.gif How the heck did I miss you selling your car?????

I never actually advertised it. I just responded to a couple people who were looking for sixes. The first guy bought it.

S
Cairo94507
Absolutely beautiful car; we will miss it here in the USA.
Tom_T
OMG .... I'm in tears! sad.gif

Out of curiosity, & if you don't mind sharing - how much did she go for? confused24.gif

It was the closest 914-6 to my ideal color & set-up that I'd seen, only lacking an OE factory beige interior, which better here in the hot SoCal/Southwestern climate!

Click to view attachment

first.gif .... if only I'd known! sad.gif
Eric_Shea
I got a ride! piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
Skip sorry to see this one leave the states. sad.gif

be sure to update this link;
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/sales_history_...9140431788_2005
smontanaro
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 5 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Out of curiosity, & if you don't mind sharing - how much did she go for? confused24.gif

I sold it for $30,000. I bought it for $25,000 in 2005. I'm sure I paid a little too much and sold it for a bit less than I could of, but it still worked out at least as well as my stock investments during that period, even including inflation, gas, oil and insurance. And it was more fun and I got to meet some great people to boot.

Skip
Tom_T
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jan 7 2012, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 5 2012, 07:54 PM) *

I sold it for $30,000. I bought it for $25,000 in 2005. I'm sure I paid a little too much and sold it for a bit less than I could of, but it still worked out at least as well as my stock investments during that period, even including inflation, gas, oil and insurance. And it was more fun and I got to meet some great people to boot.

Skip

Well IMHO it was a great price at both ends, and probably would've pulled a bit more now in a better economy.

Certainly as good as the stock market the past few years! dry.gif

At least you got to drive a beautiful 914-6 for a few years to boot Skip!

Thanx for the info.
EdwardBlume
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Sad to see these /6s go abroad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.