Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans question about syncros
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Harpo
Here is a newby question for you. Is there a sycronizer for every gear 1-5 & Reverse? Are they all the same?

Thanks

DAve
dadaDaveed
2-5 are the same
1st is different
Reverse has no synchro
pilothyer
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jan 5 2012, 04:12 PM) *

Here is a newby question for you. Is there a sycronizer for every gear 1-5 & Reverse? Are they all the same?

Thanks

DAve

Dave........If I am not badly mistaken, the synchronizing rings are the same for all the gears.......of course the hub is different for first gear..........Jerry
bulitt
I don't know, But IMHO if you rename your thread to "Transmission Question" or something closer to topic, and place it in the Garage Forum the experts will answer you directly. Or just PM Dr.Evil.
Harpo
Of course your correct.

If the moderators can move this to the garage that would be much appreciated

David
Richard Casto
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Jan 6 2012, 02:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Harpo @ Jan 5 2012, 04:12 PM) *

Thanks

DAve

Dave........If I am not badly mistaken, the synchronizing rings are the same for all the gears.......of course the hub is different for first gear..........Jerry

For the 914...

* Rings the same
* Hubs 1st unique, 2nd-5th the same
* 1st has it's own brake band, anchor/stop block setup that is slightly different than what is used on 2nd-5th.
* 1st can be converted to use the same parts as 2nd-5th.
* No synchro on reverse.

Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.