Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 914-8 with 17" Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
Saw this car at the TRE drive last weekend. Renegade Hybrids 914. Looked like the cowl was all flushed out. Pretty neat !

tadink
LOVE the color - tangerine is the best!
jim_hoyland
Haven't seen that one, really nice ! Did you talk to the owner ?
pdlightning
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 5 2012, 05:59 PM) *

Haven't seen that one, really nice ! Did you talk to the owner ?

Renegade is the owner. That car is reportedly a daily driver, older conversion. That was the only car they had to show me when I visited their shop in Las Vegas.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(tadink @ Jan 5 2012, 05:48 PM) *

Actually looks like it could be Phoenix Red... which I am partial to smile.gif
Andyrew
Dats Phoenix.

aircooledtechguy
When I went to the 2012 Seattle Auto Show back in November, Barrier Porsche brought one of the new 911 Targas that had a set factory(?) 19" Fuchs. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

I can't say for sure if these were a factory option though since the brochures they were handing out at the Porsche booth were 2009 additions. . . dry.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 5 2012, 09:47 PM) *

When I went to the 2012 Seattle Auto Show back in November, Barrier Porsche brought one of the new 911 Targas that had a set factory(?) 19" Fuchs. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

I can't say for sure if these were a factory option though since the brochures they were handing out at the Porsche booth were 2009 additions. . . dry.gif

Yes, they are, been out for a while know..

JmuRiz
Those 17" wheels on the tangerine car look good...don't look too large. Wonder what the weight is?
maf914
I thought Fuchs were made in 14", 15" AND 16" diameters. Didn't know there were 17". What years were they available? idea.gif
GeorgeRud
Am I going senile, or did Fuchs come in 17" styles? I seem to remember 16" we're the largest diameter they made.
JmuRiz
Factory original Fuchs did only come up to 16", but there are a couple companies making Fuchs-look wheels in 17" sizes, I'm not sure what they weigh though...I think they are cast and not forged.
computers4kids
My friend's car with 17" fuchs.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pt_700
very nice job on the radiator cut-outs. anybody know about the air dam?

too bad about the lumpy rubber smile. kind of like a too lumpy lacy bra under a tight shirt...

computers4kids
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Jan 6 2012, 08:53 AM) *

very nice job on the radiator cut-outs. anybody know about the air dam?

too bad about the lumpy rubber smile. kind of like a too lumpy lacy bra under a tight shirt...

Front spoiler is a stock Renegade product...about $200.
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 6 2012, 12:27 AM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 5 2012, 09:47 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes, they are, been out for a while know..

Yes, the 19"s are made by Fuchs and are a Factory Option. The weird thing is the Porsche Factory Option wheels are Cast, but you can buy the same design 19's from Fuchs that are Forged. Fuchs are supposed to come out with 17" & 18"s for older cars but since I left the Porsche Dealership I was working at I don't talk to the Fuchs Rep to know the Status.

QUOTE(maf914 @ Jan 6 2012, 11:07 AM) *

I thought Fuchs were made in 14", 15" AND 16" diameters. Didn't know there were 17". What years were they available? idea.gif

Fuchs were made 14, 15 & 16. I have a set of RotaFox 17x9s. There are also a couple of companies that will take 16x6s, cut the centers out weld (or Bolt) them to rim halves
jim dorociak
I just restored a set of 3 piece 17" Fuchs. These use the BBS 20 bolt components and were built as 8 & 9 x 17's. Nice light weight wheels, although they do get expensive to buy the parts. jdorociak@gmail.com
Jim
polo classic
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 6 2012, 07:06 PM) *

Yes, the 19"s are made by Fuchs and are a Factory Option. The weird thing is the Porsche Factory Option wheels are Cast, but you can buy the same design 19's from Fuchs that are Forged. Fuchs are supposed to come out with 17" & 18"s for older cars but since I left the Porsche Dealership I was working at I don't talk to the Fuchs Rep to know the Status.

Fuchs were made 14, 15 & 16. I have a set of RotaFox 17x9s. There are also a couple of companies that will take 16x6s, cut the centers out weld (or Bolt) them to rim halves

The ones 19's Porsche sell is actually made by Cromodora in Italy (source latest 911& Porsche World with the blue 997 Tech-Art GT Street on the cover)
Madswede
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 5 2012, 09:27 PM) *

QUOTE(tadink @ Jan 5 2012, 05:48 PM) *

Actually looks like it could be Phoenix Red... which I am partial to smile.gif

agree.gif
carr914
QUOTE(polo classic @ Jan 6 2012, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 6 2012, 07:06 PM) *

The ones 19's Porsche sell is actually made by Cromodora in Italy (source latest 911& Porsche World with the blue 997 Tech-Art GT Street on the cover)

Incorrect, they are indeed Fuchs

Click to view attachment
carr914
Here are my Rota 17x9s on the Rear

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.