Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 RHD value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-6racer
Hi Folks, I am a newbie on here, HELLO, I think the time may be approaching when I must consider selling one or more of my "toys", after alot of debate I think the Crayford RHD 914 will be the obvious choice--very difficult it will be as I have owned this car for 20 years or so.
Anyway my dilemma is...........what is it worth /
I know the obvious is "as much as anyone will pay", but I'm asking you guys, my fellow 914 lovers to give me an inclination.
I will most likely be putting it in the hands of a classic auctioneer--however I am testing the waters here.

The car...........
1969 4 cyl was converted by Crayfords in the UK, and is believed to be the first of 11 that they did ( only 7 of which were for the UK market).

The car was original 2310 tangarine, now white.

It has been raced for many years by a guy by the name of Terry forbister here in UK, then passing through the hands of 356 guru Mike Smith, it was raced whilst in his hands by Trevor Messett amongst others, I am led to believe that Trevor took the lap record at Mallory park with a 1600cc Formula Super vee engine fitted.

I bought it 20 odd years ago in a poor state and rebuilt it to road spec including complete engine rebuild (the super vee cases etc were not in the car--it had a basic 1700cc fitted) to 1911cc with isky cam (if I remember correctly) still retaining the weir type solex 356 carbs and heidegger inlet manifolds.

I've not used the car for probably 6 years---will check when next in the garage.

This is a VERY RARE car

Can anyone give me an indication of it's value ?

Thats a lot guy.

Ian

JRust
Post some pics of the car please. Be hard to give a value with just the description. Definately a rare bird being a RHD conversion. I'd like to see it drooley.gif
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif

But could be worth a great deal.

Can you please post pictures? drooley.gif
914-6racer
hopefully these pics will show up. unfortunatley I dont have any digital pics of the car.
These were taken a few years ago.

I will have to uncover it and get it into the open air to get some decent pics.

Many thanks

Ian

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mike Bellis
Nice car!

Ultimately I think your car is worth more in the UK, Japan or down under. I would love to have a RHD in my collection but the cost of the import from the UK is too cost prohibitive with the US$$$. I may be able to build a RHD cheaper than buying and shipping yours. Not to mention, I'm not really in the market for another 914.

I bet one of the UK-Porsche Club or DDK members will buy it... smile.gif
Bleyseng
or Surianme. Damn, wish it had AC and I might consider shipping down.
Kraftwerk
Sell it to Japan for the big money or in the UK Must be very desirable in those places & easy to sell. Great stance btw...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.