Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted 914-6 tailshift linkage cover. . . the black box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
toolguy
looking for the black plastic tail shifter linkage cover for a six. . . it's bigger than the one that was on the four's. . .
Please if you think you have one, please check. . I haven't been able to find one and they are NLA of course. .
Dave in San Diego
Here's a picture of the correct box. . .

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
toolguy
icon_bump.gif I haven't found one yet. . Its the last piece I'm missing. . ;
Rob914
You may want to try calling Brad Mayeur of 914Ltd.
toolguy
I tried Brad. . just my luck he said he had a NOS one he sold last year. . any body else got any leads ??
tradisrad
Call Rich at High Performance House 650-364-6234
toolguy
Tried him about 3 months ago. . no luck there either. . and Stoddards did a world wide search for me also. . . got to find one that someone has stashed away. .or converted a tail shift to side shift. .
Luke M
Hey Dave,

I know I removed one from my 6 when I took the engine/trans out. I'm not sure where the hell I put it but let me look for it. Anything else you need ?
How's the car coming along? would like to see some pics.

Luke

toolguy
Wahoo. . maybe the search is over. . Thanks !!!
boxstr
Have one at CAMP 914 if your other search doesn't pan out.
Craig at CAMP
toolguy
Gigantic THANKS to Luke. . his box may be one of the last surviving covers out there that aren't on a car. . This is the 2nd item he has helped mw with and let me complete my car as Original as Manufactured. . . .
Luke M
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. I was glad to help out a fellow 6 owner.
Nice ride by the way

Luke
Cairo94507
OK now please let us see a picture of that underside with the part installed. Nice when we help each other out like that.
porbmw
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:27 PM) *

OK now please let us see a picture of that underside with the part installed. Nice when we help each other out like that.

agree.gif

Beautiful!
toolguy
Here's the cover. . . spend a day with Scotchbrite pads and chrome polish to get out 40 years of scratches. . came out nicely
Thanks Luke
Eric_Shea
Dave, you've done a fantastic job with that car (despite your HOA). biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.