Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Fresh Air Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don_newton_alpha
So my fresh air fan just went and since i need a new one i was thinking of fabricating a new housing that would be more accessible and easier to remove. I was wondering if any one had some ideas before i started on my adventure. Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(don_newton_alpha @ Jan 6 2012, 06:02 PM) *

So my fresh air fan just went and since i need a new one i was thinking of fabricating a new housing that would be more accessible and easier to remove. I was wondering if any one had some ideas before i started on my adventure. Thanks

The way these things are put together, it would be kind of like rebuilding a V2 rocket. Possible, but the way they interact with the levers and defrost.
Possible, but not easy. The factory ones do work, just a pain to deal with. And, really is it worth it for as many times as you will have to remove it? Maybe?
don_newton_alpha
Excellent Points. Iv jus had a lot of trouble working in that area because it is so cramped. Im sure if i only had to install it once and never touch it again then it would be fine but i have had to deal with it quite a lot. But if i find the time it would nice to have more access in that area
bigkensteele
One of my favorite styling aspects of air-cooled 911s was always the hood scoop that fed the fresh air blower. It would be really cool to adapt that to a 914 with the hood scoop. It would probably require gas tank and cross-member mods, but it would be cool as hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.