Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Webercarbsdirect.com ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Opinions on WeberCarbsDirect.com

Good? Bad?
Socalandy
I purchase my 44's from them, carbs are great with no issues but the hex bar linkage was crap. cast aluminum arms broke before the car left the shop for its first test drive.

I order the Redline kit and problem solved
mrholland2
Good

QUOTE(96740 @ Jan 7 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Opinions on WebberCarbsDirect.com

Good? Bad?

Spoke
I received all the bits and pieces I ordered from them in a timely manner.
Good to know about the linkage.
Gint
I've ordered carb kits from them before. No complaints.
rmital
Called them...they kept putting me on hold....called CB Performance and got great service. My parts arrived 2 days later.
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 7 2012, 01:25 PM) *

Called them...they kept putting me on hold....called CB Performance and got great service. My parts arrived 2 days later.

That's what's happening with me. Been waiting since Dec.3 for them to get 44's in.
aircooledtechguy
I've ordered several sets for client engines. No problems.
Just ordered them from CB Performance. Sorry WCD, snooze you lose.
BajaXJ92
I just ordered rebuild kits for my dual weber 40s and hex bar linkage as well for my VW Bus from CB Performance. GREAT customer service from them! first.gif
carr914
QUOTE(96740 @ Jan 7 2012, 10:22 AM) *

Opinions on WebberCarbsDirect.com

Good? Bad?

Don't know anything about them accept they can't spell WEBER correctly
URY914
Just so you know I got ripped off by CB Performance awhile back and won't use the again. I ordered carb gaskets and was charged some stupid amount to ship them.
SUNAB914
I think I had an issue with an order once but they corrected it.
Jake Raby
Wait till you need support....

Call them and ask how many employees drove a car to work that day that was equipped with Weber carbs-
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 9 2012, 06:18 PM) *

Call them and ask how many employees drove a car to work that day that was equipped with Weber carbs-

Not really sure how them not driving a car to work that has Webers makes them have bad support blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 9 2012, 06:26 PM) *

Not really sure how them not driving a car to work that has Webers makes them have bad support blink.gif

I think he may be referring to "first hand knowledge" about the product they sell ...

popcorn[1].gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 9 2012, 04:58 PM) *

Just so you know I got ripped off by CB Performance awhile back and won't use the again. I ordered carb gaskets and was charged some stupid amount to ship them.

Same here, they fixed it after I called but only because they charged me double for shipping, even the single charge was crazy.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 9 2012, 07:26 PM) *

Practicing what you preach and using what you sell just like your customer has benefits that words can't describe.

All I know is that on a weekly basis we receive emails and phone calls from people who have bought from this company and can't get any accurate support. One guy called about 6 weeks ago and said that his engine would't run right and I told him that it had been 3 years since we offered carbs, then asked if they were ours... His reply was Weber carbs direct.. He stated that his engine ran OK, but ran worse after he called them... They told him to run 7 PSI fuel pressure!! Thats more than double what the needles and seats in the IDF based carb can withstand.

If you need carbs just call Art Thraen at ACE... What you will receive is a pair of carbs that are taken apart, blueprinted, ultrasonically cleaned and then bolted onto an engine and dialed in. When Art does carbs for us I bolt them right on and maybe 1 in 15 sets requires jetting or mixture control setting alterations. I have taken Arts carbs out of the box, bolted them onto an engine on the dyno and ran them as is with perfect enrichment... Then bolted that engine straight into a car and set three Land Speed Records in one weekend... The carbs weren't touched all weekend.

Yes it costs more but Art will set with you on the phone and will support what he produces.

Cheap is good, but when no one can help you please don't call me, else I'l have to be rude and remind you that you got what you paid for.
SUNAB914
That's what it was, I ordered two filter elements and was charged double shipping, took awhile to get my money back.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.