Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knoxville C&C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rex66m
Rolled into Knoxville C&Coffee and, amazingly, another 76 model pulls in behind me. A very nice Summer Yellow owned by another member, here. Had a great talk and had a great time comparing the two cars. Always amazed to see another one. Question for the forum - his is a later 76, but has the "bumps" on the front bumper, where as mine does not. What is the story there?

Great little event with a decent mix of Italian, German, British, Japanese and good ole American iron. European Garage has it every other month.
TargaToy
I know I always get a rush too if I see another 914 out in public. I know of only one other in my vicinity and his only comes out on very special occasions.

And then there's Jim Kelly's accidental trips into my neck of the woods. Looking forward to the next one!
poorsche914
I need to go to one of these even though my car is pretty rough. Maybe I can get Derrick and Ryan to go, too. Would be cool to see 4-5 914s there.

driving.gif
Tom_T
The extra bumps or "mini-tits" (AA-cups? biggrin.gif ) were required on CA & IIRC MD 914s for bumper impact stds. unique to those states. There may have been some other states requiring them as well, but I don't recall.

So the cars with them were originally intended for sale new in those states, although some dealers & distributors swapped cars around, so they may not necessarily have been sold new in CA, MD in late 75 - early 76.
Haudiosolutions
Sweet. I haven't seen the yellow one around. I wanted t go this time but I was in Nashville all weekend. Maybe I can get my "projects" done in time to get to the next one in march At this point it's more about finding the time to get to it.
osvolant
Enjoyed meeting you, Rex and seeing your immaculate car. My first time at any such event (the yellow 914 is mine for the other site members). Ran into another friend there who is into $$$ iron- showed me his 2008 911 Turbo. Then we went over to the conveniently located Porsche dealership where he trades and I test drove a Cayman S...latter day 914-6? I am smitten!
rex66m
QUOTE(osvolant @ Jan 9 2012, 08:40 AM) *

Enjoyed meeting you, Rex and seeing your immaculate car. My first time at any such event (the yellow 914 is mine for the other site members). Ran into another friend there who is into $$$ iron- showed me his 2008 911 Turbo. Then we went over to the conveniently located Porsche dealership where he trades and I test drove a Cayman S...latter day 914-6? I am smitten!

Oh yes...those Cayman's are a fantastic car - can see why they attract a lot of would be 911 buyers. I have often thought that a newish Cayman or a 993 would be a perfect complement to the ole 914. Great meeting you as well and I think your car is closer to immaculate than mine. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.