Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
6freak
Im still on the fence but leaning that way..But would love to go down a put another ass whoop,n on Mr Terry Zocconi and poor old Marcel smile.gif
J P Stein
Went to Wendover a couple years back in early May. Weather was very nice, spring was just breaking out. Not a bad drive thru SE Oregon, Id. yada. About the same length as a trip to the Bay area.....but without the traffic. (you can haul ass) I think SL is about 150 miles longer. The tough part my be the weather. The Parade is usually in August....but it's a dry heat blink.gif.Big floppy hat time for we NW guys.
6freak
...but it's a dry heat blink.gif.

so is a forest fire lol-2.gif ...ya gonna go down JP
J P Stein
QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 8 2012, 06:00 PM) *

Probably not. I have no ride and am out of practice. This time of year I still get the urge tho. driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 8 2012, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jan 8 2012, 06:00 PM) *

Probably not. I have no ride and am out of practice. This time of year I still get the urge tho. driving.gif

start poke.gif Mr Britton and yard the shitbox down........never been to MMSP gonna look it up,Hope its nice
J P Stein
The shitbox can't play. No Porsche motor.
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 8 2012, 09:05 PM) *

We could also haul 222 back there JP. I've always though it would be fun to run Parade.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 10 2012, 05:20 PM) *

We could also haul 222 back there JP. I've always though it would be fun to run Parade.

I'm also no longer a PGA member......besides, your new co-driver will want to do it.
......would be fun tho....
EdwardBlume

Thank God. cheer.gif cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 14 2012, 02:38 AM) *

Oops... this isn't the Sandbox. My apologies to anyone offended by my humor.
J P Stein
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 14 2012, 02:39 AM) *

No offence taken here.

Yours & Randals 914s would show well at the Parade tho I hear that the Orange Crate may be coming out of retirement. I'm almost positive Leeds will bring out his 914 to try to get 4 TTODs in a row. Then there's some guy on the East Coast who thinks he has the quickest 914 AXer in the world....long tow for him to get his hat handed to him tho.

The Britbox is gonna be in development phase this summer. It is a very large step to develop a car from what looks like a killer set-up to one that actually is so.
All in all it sounds like great fun. biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 14 2012, 05:55 AM) *

No offence taken here.

Yours & Randals 914s would show well at the Parade tho I hear that the Orange Crate may be coming out of retirement. I'm almost positive Leeds will bring out his 914 to try to get 4 TTODs in a row. Then there's some guy on the East Coast who thinks he has the quickest 914 AXer in the world....long tow for him to get his hat handed to him tho.

The Britbox is gonna be in development phase this summer. It is a very large step to develop a car from what looks like a killer set-up to one that actually is so.

That will be fun day to finally get to run against the Orange Crate when they bring it out to LPR events this year.
EdwardBlume
I've seen the Orange Crate in person a few times and its typically in a different league of its own...
6freak
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 14 2012, 05:55 AM) *

No offence taken here.

Leeds truck, trailer, and car combo took a trip off the hi way ..and when it stopped it was no longer shine side up ..the car was hang n from the wheels .but i believe it made it out pretty fair ,cant say the same for the Truck and trailer ....he will be there for sure just dont know if it will be in his 914...so bring all yours
MikeC
Randal
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 21 2012, 09:18 AM) *

I've seen the Orange Crate in person a few times and its typically in a different league of its own...

Well then get that team back together (PRing) and take the opportunity to run against The Legend.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tom back out there. Hope we can figure out when he's going to run.
J P Stein
Running against Provasi at the 06 Parade was part of my AX education. We showed up on shot tires and didn't realise it.......it was humiliating to not even be competitive. Write that down somewhere. biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jan 21 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Running against Provasi at the 06 Parade was part of my AX education. We showed up on shot tires and didn't realise it.......it was humiliating to not even be competitive. Write that down somewhere. biggrin.gif

I've seen him run a bunch of time down at the Marina and elsewhere and no question he's good. I'm personally just looking foward to running against him in something that might be able to keep up, as my car before all the mods wasn't on the same planet.

What would be really fun would be to get Rob, Dan and Grant (Pirate Racing) out there, in Rob's car, so that we'd have a few guys to chase Tom.

That would make my day, but prolly won't happen. wacko.gif
6freak
What else is there in Salt Lake City ..that mite be fun for Kids and even me and the wife...hard to hang with blue hairs all day lol-2.gif gonna need an escape...gonna hit the salt flats for sure .Mite get lucky and see some hotrods out there smile.gif
MikeC
Chris Hamilton
Seriously considering going to this one. Haven't run at a parade since 06 when we broke an engine case.
DanT
QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 21 2012, 12:34 PM) *

I've seen him run a bunch of time down at the Marina and elsewhere and no question he's good. I'm personally just looking foward to running against him in something that might be able to keep up, as my car before all the mods wasn't on the same planet.

What would be really fun would be to get Rob, Dan and Grant (Pirate Racing) out there, in Rob's car, so that we'd have a few guys to chase Tom.

I would go to parade for that! smile.gif
6freak
blink.gif anything in Salt Lake besides salt..and a salt water lake
Randal
QUOTE(DanT @ Jan 25 2012, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jan 21 2012, 12:34 PM) *

I would go to parade for that! smile.gif

+1
grantsfo
Tom is beatable. His car hasnt been that blazing fast the last few times I saw it run. My old 914-6 (Robs Car) really wasnt developed as an AX car so it wouldnt be fun to drive in national event as it would get its clock cleaned. It would really need major suspension work, differnt motor, cage reduction, stiffening etc to be a fast autocross car at a national level. I was amazed I got as close as I did to dedicated AX cars at the 914 Shoot out as I did. I left all my track settings on the car and just shoved new tires under it! Randals car could probably do well at Parade. He has sorted most of bugs out from what I can see.

Now Boxster on the other hand might just put the hurt on Orange Crate and all other fast 914's. We saw it easily despense of Leeds 914 this year. And didnt he set TTOD in last Parade? And Boxster should get a bigger motor this season.

I'm working on Erik to hual it to PCA parade event. Pretty sure Erik could be TTOD at that event.

Here is Boxster on track. Still amazing to see stock internal 2.5 liter Boxster keep up with cars with 3 times as much HP! Thats a Zo6 and GTR on Hooseirs in front of him. Its a noisy little bugger though.

http://youtu.be/ZCUJcHw8QxI
Eric_Shea
anything in Salt Lake besides salt..and a salt water lake

You could come tour the temple. biggrin.gif

Park City, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Salt Flats, Miller Motorsports Park, Lagoon, Mirror Lake, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, etc. We're planning quite a few tours and parades along with DE on the East track and offroad courses for the Cayenne's.
sixnotfour
idea.gif
NS914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Park City, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Salt Flats, Miller Motorsports Park, Lagoon, Mirror Lake, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, etc. We're planning quite a few tours and parades along with DE on the East track and offroad courses for the Cayenne's.

Coming from Nova Scotia, you might think...just what the h....elll does this guy know but, here goes. From a family perspective, those amazing ski hills have some great trails for Mtn Biking at all levels (at least last time I was there) and our boys had a great time. You can rent bikes for very reasonable daily or even hourly rates. Those same boys got out shopping as teenages are wont to do. We also did some summer tours on the Gondolas....the kids had a great time throwing snowballs at one another at the top of Snowbird. (I think it was Snowbird) Surely will not fill your week but, I am thinkin' there are lots of cool car things to do and mix it all up. Grant
6freak
QUOTE(NS914 @ Feb 3 2012, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 30 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Coming from Nova Scotia, you might think...just what the h....elll does this guy know but, here goes. From a family perspective, those amazing ski hills have some great trails for Mtn Biking at all levels (at least last time I was there) and our boys had a great time. You can rent bikes for very reasonable daily or even hourly rates. Those same boys got out shopping as teenages are wont to do. We also did some summer tours on the Gondolas....the kids had a great time throwing snowballs at one another at the top of Snowbird. (I think it was Snowbird) Surely will not fill your week but, I am thinkin' there are lots of cool car things to do and mix it all up. Grant

been look n round at things ...there`s 144 bars in town lol-2.gif I guess Mormon`s drink alot I would`nt think they did confused24.gif ..lots of state parks ....and theres of course tours and rallys set up ...I will take a ride in a gondola for sure .... poke.gif Jeff if ya go I`ll haul your slicks for ya poke.gif and carry spare parts poke.gif ...March 13th sign up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.