Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Fuel Rail Issue! Why...Why
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
I was replacing my vacuum lines yesterday and as always, was using some reference pictures from the site and noticed that my MPS was mounted backwards.

So being a 914 nutter I set out to fix it. I removed it to find that the MPS had beed remanufactured and the steel bracket was installed backwards. It was a simple fix but while it was out I noticed the fuel rail had the center nipple with bolt plug and a piece of fuel hose over it.
Now I know why the MPS was mounted backwards....it doesn't fit the correct way and contacts the nipple...Dammit!

Anybody else with FI run into this?
Click to view attachment
Should be THIS!
Click to view attachment

Looks like I'm missing the one without the nipple!
SW
tradisrad
yup. i've got the nipple on both sides. i've not been motivated to fix it yet. hmm. maybe something to do today if my spare does not have the nipple.
DRPHIL914

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Jan 8 2012, 01:20 PM) *

yup. i've got the nipple on both sides. i've not been motivated to fix it yet. hmm. maybe something to do today if my spare does not have the nipple.

I thought it was normal to have nipples on both sides!
poke.gif confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I have two cars in the shop now. Just checked and both have nipples on both sides. Neither one interfere with the mps.
windforfun
"73 1.7 with 45K miles & 99.9 % stock. One nipple only on driver's side.
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 8 2012, 03:32 PM) *

I have two cars in the shop now. Just checked and both have nipples on both sides. Neither one interfere with the mps.

Maybe the PO made my injector elbows a bit too long???
scott_in_nh
two nips here and yes it interferes with the MPS.

pete000
My 74 1.8 only has the nipple on the drivers side.
SCV
My 1.8 only has a "nippled" fuel rail on the driver's side. Maybe someone replaced your passenger side fuel rail at some point in the past. confused24.gif
type47
PET 117-10 shows nip on one side only
jimkelly
nipples everywhere : )
broomhandle
Nipple on drivers side only. but, I have been thinking about replacing these. They are so small. has anybody used something better and a tad bigger to get a nice flow?

JFJ914
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jan 9 2012, 02:48 PM) *

Nipple on drivers side only. but, I have been thinking about replacing these. They are so small. has anybody used something better and a tad bigger to get a nice flow?

The nipple goes on the passenger side.
broomhandle
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jan 10 2012, 09:09 AM) *

does it make a diff? its a dead end right?

i want to replace them anyways. nobody has used something newer? like a subie rail or something?
JFJ914
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jan 10 2012, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jan 10 2012, 09:09 AM) *

does it make a diff? its a dead end right?

i want to replace them anyways. nobody has used something newer? like a subie rail or something?

Yes, the nipple rubs up against the MPS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.