Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To cover or not to cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I am thinking about having my interior back pad light hole covered by the upholster this week when I have the back pad recovered.

My interior light has not worked in years even after replacing the bulb therefore, I will not miss it. Plus I almost never drive the car up here in the mountains at night because of the threat of deers and bears. Yes, people up here hit bears and usually the car is totaled. I know there are vendors for a replacement light unit.

Has anyone else covered their interior back pad light hole when they had their back pad recovered?
cwpeden
I say fix it. I didnt have one for 10 years and when i finally fixed it I realized what i was missing. No more fumbling in the dark. Just dont forget to turn it off if you use it in the non door position. It will drain the battery...as me how I know.
wingnut86
Are there LED replacements/upgrades that will fit that assembly?

There was a recent thread discussing led lighting from under the dash, it was very nice, not extremely bright at all....
windforfun
Old style...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.