Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 D-Jet intake boots?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
broomhandle
the little sleeve/hose that attach's the intake on a 1.7 D-Jet

mine are old "original 40+ yrs", and what do you guys use for new ones?

i have looked at silicone turbo hose. but these pipes are 36mm OD, and all the turbo hose i can find have a 34 or 38mm ID.

JawjaPorsche
I got mine from Mark at Original Customs for $40 shipped. They are silicone and fit my 1.7 perfectly. See attach picture. His username on this forum is McMark.

After replacing my 39 year old hoses, my idle rpm dropped 150!

Terry

QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jan 9 2012, 02:44 PM) *

i have looked at silicone turbo hose. but these pipes are 36mm OD, and all the turbo hose i can find have a 34 or 38mm ID.
underthetire
QUOTE(broomhandle @ Jan 9 2012, 11:44 AM) *

I used Thermoid coolant hose, part number 54811, 1 3/8. This is not your standard radiator hose, they use the stuff on heavy equipment. Fits perfectly.

http://www.hbdthermoid.com/images/industri...its%20Guide.pdf

used the 100A
broomhandle
thats why i was thinking the turbo hose, they are cheap, 5 bucks on ebay. and they can take the heat. so 1 3/8ths is the OD or ID?

and yes, i have talked to mcmark before, looking for a little cheaper than 40. but we will see..
underthetire
Id. Think I got the hose for ~30 bucks for 3 ft. Enough to make several sets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.