Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RobertD
Hey all I bought new rear springs several years back and they were orange, any ideal the sring rate? I can't find any markings and they are already mounted on new KBYs in the car, but it's not on the ground yet.
Thanks....Robert
jimkelly
this should be in the garage - but - i have read that one guy put a spring on a scale and then put 100 lbs on the spring and measure if spring compressed 1 inch - thus the spings are 100 lbs rate.
tomeric914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jan 10 2012, 08:36 AM) *

this should be in the garage - but - i have read that one guy put a spring on a scale and then put 100 lbs on the spring and measure if spring compressed 1 inch - thus the spings are 100 lbs rate.

That would be me.

Testing a spring in this way is dangerous and can kill and/or injure you or anyone who happens to be near you including pets. There is also a huge possibility of property damage. Do not attempt.

See link below:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=157437
RobertD
Your correct Jim I posted it in the wrong area. I just wondered if anyone know the spring rate. I will not dissemble to find out. It's there so be it.

QUOTE(RobertD @ Jan 10 2012, 05:28 AM) *

Hey all I bought new rear springs several years back and they were orange, any ideal the sring rate? I can't find any markings and they are already mounted on new KBYs in the car, but it's not on the ground yet.
Thanks....Robert

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.