Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Small flux Welder for small jobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
welder.gif http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/mig-f...lder-98871.html

What do you think of this for the occasional patch up...like right now I'd like to replace the battery tray. The body support is in good condition, but the top lip of the support is about 25% rusted off and the top tray needs replacing. It was caught, cleaned, and treated before the support at the body had any damage.

Also the rocker cover has a couple of the screw holes split out i'd like to repair before the cracks get longer.

Would YOu who know welding buy this for the sale price of $89?

welder.gif
Dr Evil
I own it. It is OK, might be a bit of a pain to do the tray with. The resin core stuff splatters like crazy and looks ugly. I moved up to a Lincoln 230 with Argon for clean, beautiful welds smile.gif

If you want mine, I would give it to you. Just pay shipping. If you end up not liking it, not biggie smile.gif It was decent for what I did with it.
bandjoey
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 10 2012, 07:44 PM) *

I own it. It is OK, might be a bit of a pain to do the tray with. The resin core stuff splatters like crazy and looks ugly. I moved up to a Lincoln 230 with Argon for clean, beautiful welds smile.gif

If you want mine, I would give it to you. Just pay shipping. If you end up not liking it, not biggie smile.gif It was decent for what I did with it.

U Bet Cha. I'll paypal the shipping and box fee. Let me know the amount and Great Thanks to a 914 Champ! beerchug.gif
Andyrew
I've had one.

I agree with Evil. If you want to join to pieces of metal together its OK. As far as welding? If youve ever used a true Mig with gas there is NO comparison.
rohar
I've got a miller, but it seems I've always got a friend that wants me to come over and do some welding on something. Besides, it's kinda nice in a big shop to have a little one I can just take wherever and run on a heavy 110v extension cord. The local tool surplus/pawn had a bunch of Forney Mini Migs refurbed with a 2 year warranty for $130. For a cheep GAS welder, it's damned cool. Even comes with a shoulder strap so I can wear it like a purse.

Look around, even a used gas 120v mig is gonna be a HELL of a lot more fun and effective than a flux core unit.
Rand
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 10 2012, 05:44 PM) *

Word.
And dang it, once again I have to admit that damned evil doctor is a hell of a good guy.
Learn.
I like pretty welds.
But learn. WERD
underthetire
I have it. I call it a glue gun, cause it just splatters crap together.
ruby914
Take that $89 you saved from that great Evil deal and get some gas. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.