Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
snakemain
Saw it yesterday about half a mile from base. Not exciting to a lot of you, but only the 2nd one I've seen in 4 years in Oklahoma City. White with black racing stripes. Met it in the road so didn't get much of a look. Didn't even recognize it until the last second. Wish I could drive mine. sad.gif
Robert_C
I saw the same one in the Target parking lot across from Tinker about a year ago. Its the only other 914 Ive ever seen.
maxwelj
there's usually a few at the vintage car races at Hallet in spring and fall.
Tom_T
You guys actually have a few 914s around, between the OKC & Tulsa areas, and several of them are on here.

Hopefully they'll chime in soon & get an "Okie 914 Low Altitude Fliers" gathering going for after the winter!? confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
There are a few in OKC. My friend Craig has a six conversion. Theres an independent Pcar repair shop in nw OCK area that has a few, and his customers show up in thiers. There is another guy in the downtown area. I believe his name is Dumont. There is 4 that hang at my shop in Tulsa, and 25 or so drivers in town. I know of at least 12 daily drivers here. I'll bet there are just as many in OKC or more. You'll see me in my red one at the OKC va hospital sometimes too.

By all means, you should come to hallet. CVAR Vintage Racing is april 28th -29th. Mayfast, Porsche club DE weekend, is the first weekend in may. CVAR is a blast. So many different vintage sports cars. I will be at mayfast both working the grid and driving. It would be fun to have more 914's there. Late april and early may is also prime time for Talimena drive. I'll start a new thread about Talimena to see if there is any interest, although its a fun drive even if you are by yourself. Heck, thats a drive that could be done just about any weekend on short notice.
snakemain
I'll definitely be there. Prolly not in the car since it's still in my garage waiting for some rust to get fixed and flares installed. Already got the 2316 and a bunch of parts waiting to go on soon as that's done.

I saw 1 other 914 a couple years ago - a white one driving down I-35 - and I saw a sign advertising one for sale.
TheCabinetmaker
Be where Snake?
snakemain
Hallett in April. Yeah, I've heard of Talimena, but never driven it. May take the bike out there one of these weekends when it's not freezing.
TheCabinetmaker
Ok, April at hallett it is. Wanna shoot for the cvar weekend? Brant goes to this one usually in his 6. I'll probably be there both weekends. Short drive for me.
snakemain
Sounds like a plan! smile.gif
brant
thanks for the point towards this thread Curt.
I hope to meet folks...
and hope to be in Oklahoma for the CVAR races again.

the texas group. is up to about 5 teeners showing up on a regular basis for most of the CVAR events. They have really grown their teener attendance, so there should be a few cool cars to watch.

brant
TheCabinetmaker
Well this just keeps getting better.
jcambo7
I saw at least four or five different teeners driving around the city when I was stationed at Tinker. I know two people in OKC that are working on their 914's. One of them I haven't seen on here for I while and may have given up on his. I sold my first 914 to a guy outside of OKC north I believe and he said he had four more at home that he was working on. I consistently saw a white one driving around over near 89th st and May ave where my wife used to live. Old guy with a white beard and he was always smoking a cigar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.