Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Our friends at GPR make a front motor mount that is aluminum. Has anyone used them? Can I get some feed back on the PROS and CONS? One pro is that they cost about 1/2 as much as the OEM type rubber ones. Mid-Engine Mania sells them on the link below.

My only initial thought on the CONS would be the vibration transfer. Another PRO would be the nuts, they look to be the ny-lock type, that could be good. The OEM type have the square carriage bolt feature, can't tell if these do or not. I assume that keeps the OEM mounts from wearing from spinning?

My car is going to be a daily driver, no racing or AX, just some FUN.

http://www.mid-enginemania.com/products/91...nts-BY-GPR.html

Click to view attachment

Thanks in advance.

'73-914kid
My take on solid motor mounts:
I made a set of Delrin mounts for my DD becasue I could not afford to pop for new rubber mounts, and I had some Delrin laying around. In my opinion, even the Delrin transferred more vibrations that I could take on long drives. Aluminum will be even stiffer, thus sending even more vibrations through the chassis.

As a DD, you aren't going to want solid mounts. too many vibrations, makes everything in the car louder, and will loosen up hardware throughout the car.
ClayPerrine
Your wife/girlfriend/significant other, or all of the above, will LOVE the solid motor mounts. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
The rubber is used to isolate the vibration. GPR also will sell the OEM ones too. I'd personally go that way.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 11 2012, 10:08 AM) *
GPR also will sell the OEM ones too. I'd personally go that way.

agree.gif
aharder
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 11 2012, 12:06 PM) *

Your wife/girlfriend/significant other, or all of the above, will LOVE the solid motor mounts. biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.