Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leno's List
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carl
Jay says ...
"People ask me why I don't have any Porsches. I've never liked the looks of their engines although my brother had a Speedster. And I never liked that tinny ching, chingsound. Why would you want that when you could get a car that sounded like varrooooom, varrooom? To me, the greatest car of the '60s was the 427 Cobra. Mine is a replica that originally had a 427 side oiler. Now it's got a SOHC 427 Ford V8. It'll dust a new Viper, and that's still pretty amazing to me."

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub...ars/print.phtml

This is why God gave us Seinfeld.

C
GWN7
Someone with a 914 3.6 should offer to take him for a ride. Or better, take him for a spin in a stock 1.7 and then a 3.6 wink.gif
lapuwali
Not only no Porsches, but it's pretty clear he doesn't like German cars, period. The closest he has is the McLaren F1. He seems to favor British stuff post-war and American stuff pre-war. Some French and Italian stuff, too, but every time I hear about his collection, it's usually in a British car context, or shows him in some huge Yank Tank. Whatever floats his boat. I'd spend my money the same way if I was him: the way I wanted to, not the way I was expected to.
ejm
QUOTE(Carl @ Aug 25 2004, 04:00 PM)

And Letterman....reportedly a 914 owner
Allan
Ya gotta be nice to Jay. He's good friends with Arnold and we need him to help us veto this friggin Ca. smog law change. ar15.gif
Verruckt
There is some rich guy here in KC that has a 962 and a 935 and an RSR and a ....'

Makes me wonder why i cant be that rich!!! sad.gif

Oh but man, to be standing just 3 feet from that 935 when he fired it up drooley.gif

Anyways... If I had his money I would have a boatload of Porsches. smilie_pokal.gif

Hell, If I was that rich I would offer to race Leno in his precious Duesy against my street-legal 962 driving.gif aktion035.gif
ruddyboys
He doesn't like that tinny ching, chingsound, but loves driving his Stanley Steamer, shwoosh, shwoosh.
markb
That's OK, leaves more 914s for us. biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Leno broke down and now owns a Carrera GT.
drew365
According to Autoweek, he's waiting on delivery of a Carrera GT and a Mercedes SLR. Porsche gave him a loaner CGT until his is ready. Nice to have friends. I like Jay. He drives his cars everyday. Hard to not appreciate that.
phantom914
Howard said he ran into Jay last Saturday. Jay was driving an SLR. He called Moby Dick (Howard's V8 914) "cool". Jay is okay by me.

Andrew
rick 918-S
Jay is cool, He's a real car guy. He likes anything unique. Not just muscle or style but all things cool!
jgiroux67
QUOTE(Carl @ Aug 25 2004, 04:00 PM)

Ya that guy is amazing. He has a garage in New York City where I hear he has over 30 Porsches. He even has one of the first 911 and ofcourse the new cgt.

Damn it! I need to start making alot of money so I can afford the cars I want.
Lou W
I heard someone say that one of Seinfeld's biggest thrill is deciding which Porsche he's gonna drive that day. smile.gif
redshift
My friend Mike Wofford has a 935, and I have to say, if you can go faster than that, good luck.

M
Howard
He tried to pass me coming up from the Rock Store, but the SLR was no match for Tom Swift in his Teener. thanks to Maxnine11 on the big bird for the pics. Wish I was better at photoshop.

Asked him to make a cameo @ WCC2005 or come out to the track day.
Howard
Duh. The picture would be nice..
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 25 2004, 10:18 PM)
SLR was no match for Tom Swift in his Teener.

dude....

tom swift is way old. i got a couple of them antique books. you were around when dinosaurs ruled the earth? lol2.gif
blaize
not only does sienfeld have a carrera gt, he had the first one in the country. before the PCNA training facility's even got thier's.
Howard
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2004, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 25 2004, 10:18 PM)
SLR was no match for Tom Swift in his Teener.

dude....

tom swift is way old. i got a couple of them antique books. you were around when dinosaurs ruled the earth? lol2.gif

I was there when they invented dirt, you little shit biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
wow... you belong in a museum laugh.gif
jk howard... moby looks sweet... im sure andy could do a phabulous fotoshop job on your pic

later old man cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.