Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revolution wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
I just got my new 17inch Revolution wheels delivered today. Hoooowaaah!! I bolted one to the front (without tire) and it looks like the tire, when installed, will rub the shock tower. I seem to recall someone said thay used 1/4 inch spacers on the front. Has anybody mounted these wheels lately, are you using spacers? If so where can I find said spacers? I am thinking of using 205 50 17 tires. What size are you using?
Cheers, Elliot
ArtechnikA
here's an excerpt from a message posted to the RennList Racing list on this subject a couple of weeks ago, on this very subject:

" FWIW, we make our own hard anodized, 6061-T6 billet spacers and I
measured them at 5.96mm to 6.02mm. Please let me know if that helps you.

Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems [ porsche@rennsportsystems.com ] "

sounds like the thing. Steve at RennSport Systems is The Real Deal...

you need 5-lug spacers, right ? if not, i donno ...
F4i
Hi been there done that. You may have the same problem I did. Before you put the tires on measure the backspace of your rims. I recieved a set with the wrong backspace. Fortunatly it was discovered before I mounted tires on them.
Elliot_Cannon
The backspacing on mine look ok. I think 205 50 17 will fit ok in the back but I think the tire will rub the shock tower in the front without the spacers. Was your backspacing to deep or too shallowd?
Cheers, Elliot
Mueller
the fronts are close, I'd run a spacer up front just to make it look "correct"...the track on the 914's is narrower up front....do a search here, another 914 guy posted pictures of these rims on his car and the size spacer he is running up front..........

mine are still sitting in the corner of my garage waiting to be installed sad.gif
F4i
bad Mike. spank.gif Get to work on those. wink.gif
F4i
I had too much backspacing. The rim itself hit the shock tower.
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I mounted just the rim on the front of mine and the edge of the rim clears the shock tower by about 1/4 of an inch. With the tire mounted, I think it might rub so I think spacers will have to be used. I'm searching for the post of the guy who said he used spacers on the front of his. If I can't find spacers I'll just have to have some made.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.