Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting your Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
In particular, the 2.0 variety. Kinda thinking about it. idea.gif Pics would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
scotty b
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jan 12 2012, 12:12 PM) *

In particular, the 2.0 variety. Kinda thinking about it. idea.gif Pics would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Put up a good side shot of your car. One of the photoshop guru's here would probably make it happen for ya smile.gif
Porschef
Thanks Scotty, but they're not on the car yet. Just cleaning em up right now...
poorsche914
Courtesy of nathansnathan's 914 visualizer

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
mikey63
Here's a pic of what I did with my Fuchs...not color matched to car but something different.
Porschef
Thanks Gents,

Nathan, that gives a good representation, thanks. Miley, where'd you get the center caps?

Thanks,

Joe
ww914
I like what you did there mikey63. I am preping right now. This shot is after I did the #80 sand blast. I plan to polish the raised leafs and rim and paint the rest a little darker silver than the original.

Click to view attachment
get off my lawn
jhbjh
Cairo94507
Back in '80-85 my 1st six, signal orange car, had the Fuchs backgrounds painted to match the car. Looked good then -I would not do that now.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(mikey63 @ Jan 12 2012, 01:45 PM) *

Here's a pic of what I did with my Fuchs...not color matched to car but something different.

How did you do that stripe...I like it. Red stripe on a blacked out wheel?? hmmm...
7TPorsh
Black on Black...would love to do that red stripe thing.
Click to view attachment
scotty b
confused24.gif
mikey63
I used a pin stripe brush and rotated the wheel as I painted. Blacked out wheels with a red stripe would be cool.

Mike
pnewman
QUOTE(mikey63 @ Jan 12 2012, 12:45 PM) *

Mike,

Subtle. I like the orange line on the rim. Kind of brings out or highlights the orange of the car. Peeeerty! smile.gif
wingnut86
Candy the stripe and add silver or gold pearl luminescence...
pnewman
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 12 2012, 03:10 PM) *

I like what you did there mikey63. I am preping right now. This shot is after I did the #80 sand blast. I plan to polish the raised leafs and rim and paint the rest a little darker silver than the original.

Click to view attachment

Can you put up a pic of your car; even without the wheels?
Grelber
Here are mine right after I got them refinished. L96M, Marathon Blue Metallic. I have now converted to 5 lug, so these are for sale (with correct lug bolts and center caps).

Click to view attachment
rnellums
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 13 2012, 08:45 AM) *

Here are mine right after I got them refinished. L96M, Marathon Blue Metallic. I have now converted to 5 lug, so these are for sale (with correct lug bolts and center caps).

Click to view attachment

Pictures with the car color as well?
Jeffs9146
I painted mine back in the early 80's!
ww914
"Can you put up a pic of your car; even without the wheels?"

Here you are:

Click to view attachment
Grelber
The only one I have is a crappy garage pic of the wheel on the car. I converted to 5 lug right after this.

Click to view attachment
914werke
Ok someones got to do it....
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
tod914
Love when they are all satin black with a polished trim ring. An example of it one of the 914 books I have, on an CANAM edition car.
poorsche914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 13 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Ok someones got to do it....
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

agree.gif
jsayre914
I like it smile.gif

I dont however enjoy all the touchup that is required years later, and so I just polished the damn thing and said "forgettaboutit"
pnewman
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 13 2012, 11:44 AM) *

The only one I have is a crappy garage pic of the wheel on the car. I converted to 5 lug right after this.

Click to view attachment

I see you converted from the new style bumpers to the older. Good move.

If you still had black bumpers vs the chrome ones I would vote to go black. Easy touch up and very forgiving. Donworryboutit.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.