Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a fire extinguisher mount-Source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
Anyone know of a source for a fire extinguisher mount that will attach under the drivers seat? The only one I have found is from Automotion and it is $150. I have a center console so it can not go there. I found an old post from 2004 that Engman made one but I don't see it on the site. I have stock seats.
Looking for something like this:

http://www.automotion.com/custom-fire-exti...-1974-1991.html
NJ914Guy
I hate drilling holes. Just so happened that my extinguisher (when standing upright) fits very nicely between the rear of my driver's seat and the back pad, just in front of the engine bay lid release. Also, great spot not to roll around and a quick grab should I need it while exiting the car. Check it out, based on the size of your bottle and how far back you adjust the seat, you may be surprised.
iamchappy
I was looking around for one for my car and decided to make one instead.
Really not that difficult to do, working on 914's tends to develop fabrication skills.
rnellums
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 13 2012, 09:51 AM) *

I was looking around for one for my car and decided to make one instead.
Really not that difficult to do, working on 914's tends to develop fabrication skills.

agree.gif This seems the most elegant solution.
Nozzle
Nice seats! Leather..?
steuspeed
That's a sweet mount! I want one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.