Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: head stud jig
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914werke
If you've ever removed your HE's and had the experience of breaking or stripping/pulling your head studs you know its very frustrating headbang.gif

To repair, depending on the circumstances, you can pull the motor, then head and go about fixing.
But most times you need to do it in the car, and for those of us w/o access to a lift! It often means doing it on your back dry.gif

After getting out a broken stud you are often left with the task of re-drilling the alum. head *often with hand tools & on your back* this can be challenging to get right ...

Here is a little tool I found helpful and Ive got 3 available.

$9.14 + $5 ship bye1.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
Hey Rich, did these ever sell?

The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of old exhaust systems I was going to scrap. After seeing these, thought I'd cut off the ends and make several of them, keep a couple and sell the remainder (if people need them) confused24.gif
914werke
Nah, although I didnt put any real effort in promoting.
I will say it worked remarkably well for ensuring a "straight" redrill & tap on the head when working on it in-car as described!
sean_v8_914
good tool
914werke
bye1.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 25 2012, 09:34 AM) *

Nah, although I didnt put any real effort in promoting.
I will say it worked remarkably well for ensuring a "straight" redrill & tap on the head when working on it in-car as described!

You've marketed it wrong. It should be a "Featured Homemade Tool" beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.