Drums66
......WHO DAT? poke.gif
bye1.gif smoke.gif(76')
gms
must have cornered real well biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
billh1963
I plan to do this to another '75 soon.

However, mark my words, this will come back to haunt us! As I've posted before, I can remember when big Healey's, 356's, and even XKE's were routinely parted out. While this car may have been too far along to save, I have seen a few that should (and could) have been saved!

gms
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 13 2012, 05:47 PM) *

I plan to do this to another '75 soon.

However, mark my words, this will come back to haunt us! As I've posted before, I can remember when big Healey's, 356's, and even XKE's were routinely parted out. While this car may have been too far along to save, I have seen a few that should (and could) have been saved!

I always save every good part on the car, it gets junked in tiny pieces.
This car has a good 2.0L, both front fenders and many small parts.
GaroldShaffer
sad.gif you sawzall-smiley.gif a car and didn't let me know dry.gif you know I have a sickness for parts cars biggrin.gif
gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 13 2012, 07:24 PM) *

sad.gif you sawzall-smiley.gif a car and didn't let me know dry.gif you know I have a sickness for parts cars biggrin.gif

sorry I was trying to get it to the shop before the snow, it has been sitting in a friend's parking lot for a year now. if you need anything let me know
hot_shoe914
Hell, that one is in better shape than the one I am driving. Got to make sure and not let you around my car.
Type 47
is that ps mirror in useable shape? or the drivers side I think they are reversable. what shape are the fuchs in? your 75 went down the line 9,180 after mine...i wonder if the 75 MY ever got to the 291, 292 VINs?

That said, IMHO they arn't ready for the crusher unless they are rusted in half at the drain tubes. I wonder if the engineers actually designed obsolesance by funneling water to the battery box and jack ports???
GeorgeRud
PM sent
ThePaintedMan
How bouts the rain tray and tubes? Surely I could take them off your hands smile.gif
gms
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jan 13 2012, 11:25 PM) *

How bouts the rain tray and tubes? Surely I could take them off your hands smile.gif

I will let you know when i have them in hand!
gms
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 13 2012, 10:23 PM) *

is that ps mirror in useable shape? or the drivers side I think they are reversable. what shape are the fuchs in? your 75 went down the line 9,180 after mine...i wonder if the 75 MY ever got to the 291, 292 VINs?

That said, IMHO they arn't ready for the crusher unless they are rusted in half at the drain tubes. I wonder if the engineers actually designed obsolesance by funneling water to the battery box and jack ports???

Sorry the mirrors are spoken for
gms
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 13 2012, 08:41 PM) *

Hell, that one is in better shape than the one I am driving. Got to make sure and not let you around my car.

I hope your car is not as bad as this one, don't be fooled by a paint job
Harpo
PM sent
Bartlett 914
That car is the most unbelievable POS I have ever seen. It is amazing what things people will do to a car and actually drive it.

veltror
And to think I am fixing mine....
gms
The plot thickens on this car, while removing the front suspension I noticed factory replacement panel brown primer!
gms
further back I found the way they put in a OE Factory floor pan, and all they did was coat the primer with undercoating. I am guessing the interior was un-coated due to it's extreme rust.
Click to view attachment

they screwed the pan in with dry wall screws!
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.