Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worm Burner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I ran across this picture on Automobile Atlanta's Facebook page. Funny it's same color as mine. I LOVE HOW LOW THIS CAR IS! How do you get it this low? What set up is this?

IPB Image
Andyrew
Adjustable rear coils and adjusting front T bars.

Pretty easy..
messix
and then you have no more up travel in the suspension.

nice rough ride! slap.gif
Adjustable rear coils? Like the PSS9 coil overs?

I can see the TB working, crank them down and then get the car aligned I assume. Will the car be able to be aligned with the TB turned down so far?
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 13 2012, 05:24 PM) *

and then you have no more up travel in the suspension.

nice rough ride! slap.gif

That too.
dadaDaveed
Or raise the spindles on the front struts to keep the front suspension geometry correct, right?
ottox914
QUOTE(dadaDaveed @ Jan 13 2012, 07:55 PM) *

Or raise the spindles on the front struts to keep the front suspension geometry correct, right?

Yup, but with factory 15" rims there is only so far you can go. Now if you wanted to run some 20's under GT flairs...
jmargush
with stock wheels you can raise the spindles about .75" then adj the torsion bars just a little so you don't mess up the geometry
toolguy
My rule of thumb for a safe alignment. . set the rear height so the axles shafts are just a tad of downward angle, meaning about 1/4 inch higher at the trans. slopping down to the wheels but you need stiff springs also. . then set the front at 1/4 inch to 1/2 incl lower than the back with a 1/2 inch steering rack spacer which should give the tie rods about the same slope as the rear axle shaft. .
bandjoey
Can't believe no one has told him the truth yet.
Lower the lift to the floor! beerchug.gif
bulitt
Bought this car in October, must have the same drop, and it rides rough. The front adjusters are wound all the way down. Going back up slightly when 5 lugs and flares finished. Not as low as your pic.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.